Charging issue at Electrify America location - session would abruptly stop after a minute or two

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I’m glad it worked. I’ve had constant issues getting various chargers to work. I keep getting a ‘vehicle_proxcan_error’ on the charging screen after initiating a charge. Charging only lasts a few seconds. When you say you reset the Porsche App, what exactly did you do? Thx.

Do you have a '21 Taycan? if so, then you don't need to charge via the app at the Electrify American locations - it should be plug and charge.

Last year, when I was having the issue with the app, I reset the app by deleting it, and then reloading. I made sure that all the defaults were set at default, and deleted all charging profiles in the car, and the app.

Is the error message appearing on the EA charger? if so, try a different one, or call EA for help. their service is usually pretty good.

Thanks,

Paul
Sponsored

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I’m glad it worked. I’ve had constant issues getting various chargers to work. I keep getting a ‘vehicle_proxcan_error’ on the charging screen after initiating a charge. Charging only lasts a few seconds. When you say you reset the Porsche App, what exactly did you do? Thx.
I think it's Porsche's fault. I have the same error message, and my Charing NA app shows an error for 'my vehicle', saying there's a back-end issue in the Porsche server or so. I can trigger charing by the app after turning off plug and charge option in the car.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I think it's Porsche's fault. I have the same error message, and my Charing NA app shows an error for 'my vehicle', saying there's a back-end issue in the Porsche server or so. I can trigger charing by the app after turning off plug and charge option in the car.
Same exact thing here. I've gotten that PROXCAN error when trying to use Plug & Charge. Charging NA app shows backend server error in My Vehicles. If I turn off Plug & Charge and manually initiate from Charging NA app, I can charge.

Rkvet27

First Name
Ratul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Do you have a '21 Taycan? if so, then you don't need to charge via the app at the Electrify American locations - it should be plug and charge.

Last year, when I was having the issue with the app, I reset the app by deleting it, and then reloading. I made sure that all the defaults were set at default, and deleted all charging profiles in the car, and the app.

Is the error message appearing on the EA charger? if so, try a different one, or call EA for help. their service is usually pretty good.

Thanks,

Paul
This is great advice. I have a ‘21 4s with extended battery. It seems that this configuration is affected the most. I also don’t have any option to disengage the direct charging from the PCM in the car directly due to this configuration. I did follow your advice of reinstalling the Porsche Connect App and not changing any settings. It worked this am but let’s see. Will keep you posted. ?

Rkvet27

First Name
Ratul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Same exact thing here. I've gotten that PROXCAN error when trying to use Plug & Charge. Charging NA app shows backend server error in My Vehicles. If I turn off Plug & Charge and manually initiate from Charging NA app, I can charge.
Do you have a 21 4s with extended battery? If so where do you turn off plug and charge? Thx.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The car may have an existing profile that limits charging to 60%. I would try deleting the profile(s). Did you try Direct Charging? Please keep us posted.
Direct Charging is only relevant to AC charging (not DC) and overrides profiles and timers you may have. So not the reason.

Rkvet27

First Name
Ratul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Found it! Thx for showing me what numerous Porsche employees couldn’t. Will keep you posted. Hope this works.
So far so good. Work two days in a row now. All I do now is initiate a charge session through the Electrify America charge App.

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wanted to follow up to share that I was able to connect to EA chargers, and successfully charge. I went to a different charger location - a 150kw EA charger not far from my house. Before I went, I reset the Charging NA app to ensure that there was nothing being communicated from the App to EA to limit charging on my car. I have a couple of pictures in case anyone is interested.
20200619_190755.jpg
20200619_191012.jpg
20200619_190100.jpg
20200619_185419.jpg
It looks like you have a 2021 model. Why aren't you using the plug and charge option in the PCM and eliminate the need to use Apps?