Charging NA app accuracy

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How accurate are folks finding the details from the Charging NA app?
Is the station count/speed/status usually correct?

There's small things that make me think data might be a bit flaky. Just one example: the "last session" data and other usage data .
For stations here in the PNW it's showing flat histograms and "last charging session" that are often several days old. Maybe this only counts other Porsche cars? But that would be useless... The other possibility is literally only a handful of charging sessions in the whole Seattle area over the course of multiple days...
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have seen many data inconveniences.
  • Sometimes it shows stations as available even if they show "unavailable on the screen" and EA has marked them for repair.
  • Sometimes it shows a charger as available even though someone else is charging there.
  • Sometimes when you initiate charging it says there was an error but charging has initiated successfully.
  • The charging history shows wrong months i.e charging sessions I had in June show up under May.
  • Once in a while it asks you to log in every day.

I still don't understand why this app even exists. How hard would it be to ask us to use the EA app and just give us credit or free sessions there?

OP
OP
fullmetalbaal

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have seen many data inconveniences.
  • Sometimes it shows stations as available even if they show "unavailable on the screen" and EA has marked them for repair.
  • Sometimes it shows a charger as available even though someone else is charging there.
  • Sometimes when you initiate charging it says there was an error but charging has initiated successfully.
  • The charging history shows wrong months i.e charging sessions I had in June show up under May.
  • Once in a while it asks you to log in every day.
Thanks for the info. I've been wondering to what extent I can trust this data as I plan road trips. Sounds like: not much at all.
Sponsored