Charging NA App Broken? (Not allowing 350KW EA Terminals to be selected)

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
I had given up on this app...
However it updated to 1.0.84 and appears to be working.

I have not tried charging yet but its acting like it would initiate a 150kW and 350kW charging session.

I am running Android 11

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I'm thinking a big fancy PCM software based system like the Taycan's could pop up an in-car "start" charging now button when you plug in a charging cable...

car knows where it is (gps)
it knows it's plugged in
from the location it could generate a list of "known" charges in area
and you select the charger you're at
car can also have the account info and necessary information

this could be stop-gap measure until "plug & charge" actually works…

but there is no reason to fiddle with one's phone - the best experience would be to simply have the car pop-up a listing of charging stall ID's and ask you to approve the charging session!!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It does appear they've fixed the 350 kw issue with the latest update. Should work fine now.

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
It does appear they've fixed the 350 kw issue with the latest update. Should work fine now.
I was hoping you are correct...

But unfortunately, now it crashes EVERY TIME I try to scroll the map to select a charger just to the east of me (to test if it will let me select a 350KW terminal).

So, now its behaving alot like Porsche Connect. Crashing EVERY TIME I TRY TO SCROLL THE MAP.

...and its not like I'm running some sort of an orphan phone. I have a Samsung Note 10 Plus running the very latest version of Android (10)...

Why can't they just hire the guy/gal who wrote "Angry Birds" or something? At least that crap WORKS!

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
...and it won't let me log in!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It was suggested on Facebook that it is better to contact the 1-800 porsche number to escalate these types of issues with the app and with EA. The idea is that corporate needs to know that there is a fundamental issue that is stopping people from charging and using the car. Just registering an issue through the app may not get enough attention.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@evanevery Hmm, weird. Mine is definitely working fine. I scrolled and clicked around your area, too, with no problems. And we have the same phone.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm thinking a big fancy PCM software based system like the Taycan's could pop up an in-car "start" charging now button when you plug in a charging cable...

his could be stop-gap measure until "plug & charge" actually works…
In June EA said they planned to have Plug and Charge rolled out by the end of this year.
Apparently there is some standard about that so others like ChargePoint may also follow, so at least it isn't some home grown standard.

In the car profile in the Charging NA app, my car is listed as "Plug and Charge Enabled"

So I am hopeful that it will be something coming - maybe not by the end of the year due to COVID, but hopefully soon.

https://electrek.co/2020/06/24/electrify-america-completes-fast-charging-cross-country-route/

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It was suggested on Facebook that it is better to contact the 1-800 porsche number to escalate these types of issues with the app and with EA. The idea is that corporate needs to know that there is a fundamental issue that is stopping people from charging and using the car. Just registering an issue through the app may not get enough attention.
I have a bunch of longstanding issues which I opened with them over the phone. The last thing I heard (on Fri) was that they would like to call me on Monday (yesterday) and what time would be good. I told them anytime 8-5CST would be fine.

Never heard from them... So, yeah, no value.

The 800 number is only any good if you don't know how to do something. Then they can help you. If you are reporting a REAL BUG, or COLLECTION OF BUGS, you might as well piss into the wind... They simply don't have the ability to solve problems unless the problem is "with the customer".
Sponsored