Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
39 usd per month. Worth it I’d say, if it saves you running out of juice. Should really be built into a 100k car though!

Abdullah

First Name
Abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I had not noticed this earlier.
As I understand this there are a few other items included in the package for 39 USD per month, but Navigation Plus, Charge Planner surely must be standard and completely free. Why on earth would anybody pay to get functionality like that, when you have Google maps, Waze and Abetterrouteplanner for free on your phone.

The more I learn about that lovely Taycan, the more surprised I am getting. And not positive surprises either.

The Range is a major disappointment. 200 miles for all the fanfare that Porsche had?
Not having Range anxiety but instead Charging network anxiety!
Positive is though that the car seems to handle different temperatures much better than other EVs.
No 22 kW charger until xxxxx
NO Apple CarPlay Wireless
NO OTA updates of the car or maps or other databases. Only by service centres!
Paying for ChargePlanner after 3 years
Very expensive “ favourable” terms for Charging on Ionity for 3 years, and after that God knows?
Etc, etc.

The list is probably longer but...

And all the time the defence is ” it is a sports car and it drives and feels just like a 911”!

I am not impressed at all with their launch and think one would have to have many visits to the “very nice people” at the Porsche service centre to get rid of a lot of these first generation shortcomings if possible.

I have had my Configuration in their system since October but not pressed the button on the final order. And doubt there now will be an order from me

Having looked at and gone through the new 911 S, I think I will take one of these instead until the second generation of the Taycan is released, if there will be one?

I am out!

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I had not noticed this earlier.
As I understand this there are a few other items included in the package for 39 USD per month, but Navigation Plus, Charge Planner surely must be standard and completely free. Why on earth would anybody pay to get functionality like that, when you have Google maps, Waze and Abetterrouteplanner for free on your phone.

The more I learn about that lovely Taycan, the more surprised I am getting. And not positive surprises either.

The Range is a major disappointment. 200 miles for all the fanfare that Porsche had?
Not having Range anxiety but instead Charging network anxiety!
Positive is though that the car seems to handle different temperatures much better than other EVs.
No 22 kW charger until xxxxx
NO Apple CarPlay Wireless
NO OTA updates of the car or maps or other databases. Only by service centres!
Paying for ChargePlanner after 3 years
Very expensive “ favourable” terms for Charging on Ionity for 3 years, and after that God knows?
Etc, etc.

The list is probably longer but...

And all the time the defence is ” it is a sports car and it drives and feels just like a 911”!

I am not impressed at all with their launch and think one would have to have many visits to the “very nice people” at the Porsche service centre to get rid of a lot of these first generation shortcomings if possible.

I have had my Configuration in their system since October but not pressed the button on the final order. And doubt there now will be an order from me

Having looked at and gone through the new 911 S, I think I will take one of these instead until the second generation of the Taycan is released, if there will be one?

I am out!
i tend to agree with most of your thoughts but can’t go non electric..... so i’m still in.........

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Where did you here there is no OTA updates?

And in US I use PlugShare which lists all charging points from alll networks and will allow you to plan routes with info about your car range etc.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Where did you here there is no OTA updates?

And in US I use PlugShare which lists all charging points from alll networks and will allow you to plan routes with info about your car range etc.
Which one do you like better? A better planner app or PlugShare, I downloaded abetterplanner- and it looks pretty easy to use, thx

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I have not tried the better planner, will definitely check it out. Thanks.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Cpoarchy I find ABRP better for route planning as it taking charging time into account; however, I reply on PlugShare as it gives user feedback on chargers.
So my answer is get both apps, they're free.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
@Cpoarchy I find ABRP better for route planning as it taking charging time into account; however, I reply on PlugShare as it gives user feedback on chargers.
So my answer is get both apps, they're free.
completely agree!!
Sponsored