Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
But what happens if you reach your target charge level BEFORE timer departure time? From what I’ve seen, it will continue to charge above your set threshold.

Thor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla S
Country flag
Thanks for that graph. I also assumed that is how it works. However, I found that it was charging outside the charging time window even though the car had more than the minimum charge. That was causing some confusion for me. Until someone here mentioned that there was a recent software bug.

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
But what happens if you reach your target charge level BEFORE timer departure time? From what I’ve seen, it will continue to charge above your set threshold.
I’m not sure why it would reach it before, or at least not much before, but it will continue charging if left plugged in for 30 min after the timer.

Porsche Taycan Charging Profiles and Timers Graphic 86E38583-E2D9-4CA6-BE68-4A0096D4CF7F

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It won't if you set a departure timer - this is the key instruction to stop the charging process at a specific time and therefore a profile and a timer work in tandem.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’m not sure why it would reach it before, or at least not much before, but it will continue charging if left plugged in for 30 min after the timer.

86E38583-E2D9-4CA6-BE68-4A0096D4CF7F.jpeg
Huh?

I don't have that happen with mine - it stops at the allotted time (07:00) and SOC (85%) on a daily timer and profile. My PMCC remains on pause until either the next timer event or I remove the plug. I get the same behaviour on a non-Porsche charger too.

I suspect this 'feature' mentioned in the Porsche Good To Know App only occurs if no profile is active otherwise it would be fairly pointless and largely unworkable - preferred charging times etc. to take advantage of cheap rates.

So actually, if the timer function is active at the same time, the high voltage battery is charged to the target charge level programmed in the timer function after the minimum charge level programmed in the profile has been reached.

The above 30 mins excerpt relates to a timer in isolation to my mind.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Huh?

I don't have that happen with mine - it stops at the allotted time (07:00) and SOC (85%) on a daily timer and profile. My PMCC remains on pause until either the next timer event or I remove the plug. I get the same behaviour on a non-Porsche charger too.

I suspect this 'feature' mentioned in the Porsche Good To Know App only occurs if no profile is active otherwise it would be fairly pointless and largely unworkable - preferred charging times etc. to take advantage of cheap rates.

So actually, if the timer function is active at the same time, the high voltage battery is charged to the target charge level programmed in the timer function after the minimum charge level programmed in the profile has been reached.

Hmmm, I don't understand that part in the good to know app either. I ONLY use a timer, and my car charges up to the specified SOC and then stops. In my case, I set the timer for the car to be ready at 5:30am at 85%. When I go out to leave in the morning (typically not until 6:30am), the car has stopped charging and is at 85%.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
This is not true or me. I have left the car plugged in for over a day after a departure timer was reached. It never charged over my requested 80%.

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder if that only applies if you interrupt the charging while on a timer, but then don’t take out the plug:

89A738E2-A868-411B-B155-C4883338A1A8.jpeg
Could be. I’ll have to try it.

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder if that only applies if you interrupt the charging while on a timer, but then don’t take out the plug:
I think @W1NGE is correct here. Last night I tried charging with just a timer and no profile. 30 min later the car started charging again.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I think @W1NGE is correct here. Last night I tried charging with just a timer and no profile. 30 min later the car started charging again.
Weird. It doesn’t work that way at all for me. I only use a timer, with no profile, and I can leave my car for hours without unplugging it after the timer finishes.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
The ongoing timer and profile, only timer, only profile discussion continues :)!!!!!! And that excerpt from good 2 know is indeed bizarre. Wonder what the thought process was behind programming for the car to react this way?

It’s like a round about way of putting the car in direct charge in case you had forgotten your key or had access to Porsche Connect whilst standing next to your car? No that would not work as the release button does not function when car is locked.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The ongoing timer and profile, only timer, only profile discussion continues :)!!!!!! And that excerpt from good 2 know is indeed bizarre. Wonder what the thought process was behind programming for the car to react this way?

It’s like a round about way of putting the car in direct charge in case you had forgotten your key or had access to Porsche Connect whilst standing next to your car? No that would not work as the release button does not function when car is locked.
Well, apparently some folk in US are saying that their plug can be removed without pushing the 'eject button' after a charging session as it has been 'ejected' automatically. I've never had this but several folk on the forum have mentioned it and perhaps it's a feature of the EVSE being used.

Potentially country / regional dependent behaviour....surely not!?
Sponsored