Charging Profiles Issue

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Just got mine home and seem to have an issue with the charging profile.

Have set it based on location which works fine, but have set it to charge between 00:30 and 04:30. Issue is the screen says it will charge at 04.30 on Monday. Shouldn’t it be next set to charge tomorrow (Sunday) at 00:30?
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I think it comments on when it is done. When you start direct charge (i.e., charge to 100% no matter of profiles), the message displayed is it will be charged at xx:yy (estimated time it is finished).

OP
OP
awharton

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah right ok. So it senses the rate at which it will be charged and then displays when it will be fully charged. Makes sense I guess! Thanks.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
How large a kWcharger do you connect it to? If it is 11 kW then the time you give it may be enough depending on the state of charge when you start. But if you only charge it at a normal house socket it may be needing to charge until Monday?

OP
OP
awharton

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve got a standard 7kW charger in the UK. Currently sitting at 59% charge and set to only charge between 00:30 - 04:30 so make sense that it will take two charges overnight to reach 100%.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you aiming to charge it to 100% then. If you have the recommended setting of 85% one overnight charge should be sufficient I think. 7 kW charge overnight to 85% should be fine.
Please let us know how you get on because I have never tried that location based charging?

OP
OP
awharton

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you aiming to charge it to 100% then. If you have the recommended setting of 85% one overnight charge should be sufficient I think. 7 kW charge overnight to 85% should be fine.
Please let us know how you get on because I have never tried that location based charging?
Haven’t found the setting to charge to less than 100% yet. Time to read the manual this evening I think.

EDIT: can’t find max level anywhere - only a minimum level? an I missing something? Seems like you can only set a max level with a timer and not a profile?

Last edited:

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Haven’t found the setting to charge to less than 100% yet. Time to read the manual this evening I think.

EDIT: can’t find max level anywhere - only a minimum level? an I missing something? Seems like you can only set a max level with a timer and not a profile?
You need to set a charging profile in the Porsche Connect app - you can set up the time and the "minimum". That is what the car will charge to. I know.....

OP
OP
awharton

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You need to set a charging profile in the Porsche Connect app - you can set up the time and the "minimum". That is what the car will charge to. I know.....
The minimum charge doesn’t seem to work like that. The minimum value is that the car automatically charges too regardless of the charge time period you have set. Once the car has reached this minimum level it will pause and then continue to charge between the times you have specified.

What I want to do (and I expect many others too) is to charge to a maximum level of say 85%, but only between certain times of the day - in my case 00:30 to 04:30.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
The minimum charge doesn’t seem to work like that. The minimum value is that the car automatically charges too regardless of the charge time period you have set. Once the car has reached this minimum level it will pause and then continue to charge between the times you have specified.

What I want to do (and I expect many others too) is to charge to a maximum level of say 85%, but only between certain times of the day - in my case 00:30 to 04:30.
Please look at posts 61 and 62 on this link. You need to set up a Timer Profile to set up a max charge target if you want to charge to a percentage that is less than 100%.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-how-far-have-you-gone.1556/page-5#post-20406

OP
OP
awharton

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
awharton

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems like you can set a Timer and Profile at the same time which kind of works. If you have done a long journey without a charge though it will start charging before your set preferred charging times. Works ok though if you top up regularly.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can not find a way to set preferred charging times with a limit to the charge level as you have also found. It seems you can set it to charge to a certain limit only with settings in Timer mode. I guess you could get close to your target of just charging between 00.30 and 04.30 if you need to charge something like 25 to 30 kW only. Just set the Timer function to have charging at level 85% and time at 04.30. But if the car would need something like 50 kW the charging would start before 00.30 and reach 85% by 04.30.

I have a similar set up with low cost electricity between 02.00 to 07.00. With my 11kW outside charger I have managed to achieve the 85% charge level at 07.00 most of the times. A bit of a juggling but I feel that even if the charger starts an hour or two before the optimal time, it is still very cheap to charge the car overall.

OP
OP
awharton

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can not find a way to set preferred charging times with a limit to the charge level as you have also found. It seems you can set it to charge to a certain limit only with settings in Timer mode. I guess you could get close to your target of just charging between 00.30 and 04.30 if you need to charge something like 25 to 30 kW only. Just set the Timer function to have charging at level 85% and time at 04.30. But if the car would need something like 50 kW the charging would start before 00.30 and reach 85% by 04.30.

I have a similar set up with low cost electricity between 02.00 to 07.00. With my 11kW outside charger I have managed to achieve the 85% charge level at 07.00 most of the times. A bit of a juggling but I feel that even if the charger starts an hour or two before the optimal time, it is still very cheap to charge the car overall.
Yes have set it exactly like you. Seems to work OK as long as you don’t need to charge a huge amount - which works fine in most cases for me.
Sponsored