Charging @ Public EA Station 2020 Taycan Turbo

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just bought a 2020 Taycan Turbo and I've been reading that Plug and Charge wasn't available on the 2020's. The car came with 12 months of free charging....So instead of just "plugging in" when I drive up, what would my procedure be in order to take advantage of the 12 months of free charging? I am registered with My Porsche and have an account.
Sponsored

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
You can go into My Porsche. Tap Maps -> Charging -> Select Charging Station -> Select Pedestal. From there you'll be able to initiate the free charging for the station the car is plugged in to.

Something of note, I do find it less reliable than Plug and Charge. You might need a few tries to get it initialized and hand shake.

OP
OP
Basebull7

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thank you for the help. I’m curious, how can I find out if my 2020 has been retrofitted for the 22kw upgrade? I do know for a fact my car did have the “big” upgrade done because it does have the “colored” icons on the PCM.

thanks

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thank you for the help. I’m curious, how can I find out if my 2020 has been retrofitted for the 22kw upgrade? I do know for a fact my car did have the “big” upgrade done because it does have the “colored” icons on the PCM.

thanks
Perhaps find an 80A capable AC EVSE to plug-in to and see if you can reach above 10KW? I'd offer you come by my house to try, but it would be a very long drive for you. ;)

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you for the help. I’m curious, how can I find out if my 2020 has been retrofitted for the 22kw upgrade?
Does your Taycan have Plug-and-Charge? I believe that feature comes with the 22 kW charger, because the P&C certificate is stored on that charger. The 11 kW charger does not have the certificate and therefore cannot do P&C.

OP
OP
Basebull7

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had a 2021 Taycan Base and that car it. This is a 2020 and I don’t believe they were installed in that year.
Sponsored