Charging questions - port on either side?

KINGFISH

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 911
Country flag
Okay, I know I should know this, but I cannot seem to find it in the manual. Using the Porsche charger that came with my Tycoon (220v) - can I plug in on either side port of just the driver's side? We are moving and I'm trying to determine where to mount the charger in the new garage.
Sponsored

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Okay, I know I should know this, but I cannot seem to find it in the manual. Using the Porsche charger that came with my Tycoon (220v) - can I plug in on either side port of just the driver's side? We are moving and I'm trying to determine where to mount the charger in the new garage.
You can use either side for AC charging (your aforementioned set-up.)
Only passenger or right side for DC fast charging (CCS)
Some people have reported intermittent charging problems with using the passenger side port for AC home charging, but it was more with MY20 at the beginning, and it seems to have been corrected , probably with one of the updates during last year.
I wouldn't be afraid of using eihter side, and I've used both sides on numerous occasion without any issue, but my garage config made it easier for me to charge on the driver's side on a regular basis

OP
OP

KINGFISH

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 911
Country flag
You can use either side for AC charging (your aforementioned set-up.)
Only passenger or right side for DC fast charging (CCS)
Some people have reported intermittent charging problems with using the passenger side port for AC home charging, but it was more with MY20 at the beginning, and it seems to have been corrected , probably with one of the updates during last year.
I wouldn't be afraid of using eihter side, and I've used both sides on numerous occasion without any issue, but my garage config made it easier for me to charge on the driver's side on a regular basis
Thank you for the help.
Sponsored