Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
What Im doing wrong. I plugged the car in, charging started fine, locked the car down and while the car was locked, I placed the key almost 10 feets away and walked back to the EA charging station and I was able to stop charging!!! so anyone can stop charging the car directly from the station, while the car is locked and unattended. I'm sure i doing something wrong here, any idea?
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What Im doing wrong. I plugged the car in, charging started fine, locked the car down and while the car was locked, I placed the key almost 10 feets away and walked back to the EA charging station and I was able to stop charging!!! so anyone can stop charging the car directly from the station, while the car is locked and unattended. I'm sure i doing something wrong here, any idea?
Yes the charging session can be stopped by anyone but I don't think they can remove the cable from the car without breaking the cable lock.

OP
OP
Gambler

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
Yes the charging session can be stopped by anyone but I don't think they can remove the cable from the car without breaking the cable lock.
This is my first EV and that is so weird. Not sure what is the point of any one can stop charging for others cars?? indeed I'm an ignorant once comes to engineering

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
It’s a safety thing. Anyone can stop refilling gas, too. In fact most stations have a “master” pump on/off switch for the entire station that by law in most places is required to be publicly available.

What are you worried about? Rarely do people interfere with cars charging at L3 stations. That is, as along as you move your car when you’re done charging.

OP
OP
Gambler

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
It’s a safety thing. Anyone can stop refilling gas, too. In fact most stations have a “master” pump on/off switch for the entire station that by law in most places is required to be publicly available.

What are you worried about? Rarely do people interfere with cars charging at L3 stations. That is, as along as you move your car when you’re done charging.
Thanks Glad to know. I'm not worried just curious why?

obscurelyfamous

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone can interrupt your gas pumping session too. People can’t remove the plug so they won’t bother to stop your charging session. If the concern is that others can intentionally mess with you while you’re not at the car, then unfortunately there are even worst ways to vandalize an unattended car.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
I had this happen when I was at an EA station where it was the only unit out of 4 that was working. I was at 8%, connected, started charging, walked into the store. Came out to another car (leaf) charging with the other cable at the same unit and my session had stopped at only 27%.
I asked what happened and the lady said the unit said something like 'it said it would not start charging my car until your session had stopped and I really need a charge" (as if her schedule is more important than mine).....so, she just stopped my session and started hers!
I was livid! But what can I do as a male when a woman does this, gets in her car and shuts the door and windows and starts reading the paper!
I had to wait 40min for her to charge and leave.
There is the red emergency button that should say "only push in emergency and unit will need to be reset by a technician and will not be able to be used until it is safety checked".....then allow us to develop a PIN for our accounts that would ensure that the user is the one initiating the stop of session and not another random driver who just decides that their time is more important than your time.
I had another thread titled "space, the final frontier" where I bring up questions about space, waiting times, etc. However, we did not broach this topic of others stopping your charge.
Honestly, I would have never thought that this would happen....but since I have experienced it, it keeps reminding me of how selfish we are as a people, the lack of empathy we have and how social media conditioned us into 'instant gratification', and/or the lack of playing nicely in a community setting and 'waiting your turn'.
I put this out of my mind, but now that I am writing about it, I am getting fired-up again just thinking of her smug attitude, the cold-shoulder of going in her car and reading a newspaper to not look at me or me see her face. People WILL behave badly, the Charging Networks need to make a system to prevent them from behaving badly.
What are your thoughts? Would you have done what I did and just 'suck it up' after you expressed your disappointment? Or would you have stopped her charging session in return, taken a picture of her and her car and posted it on a charging app and/or social media, or done something different? What will you do in this case if (or unfortunately, when...) this happens to you?

Last edited:

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had this happen when I was at an EA station where it was the only unit out of 4 that was working. I was at 8%, connected, started charging, walked into the store. Came out to another car (leaf) charging with the other cable at the same unit and my session had stopped at only 27%.
I asked what happened and the lady said the unit said something like 'it said it would not start charging my car until your session had stopped and I really need a charge" (as if her schedule is more important than mine).....so, she just stopped my session and started hers!
I was livid! But what can I do as a male when a woman does this, gets in her car and shuts the door and windows and starts reading the paper!
There is the red emergency button that should say "only push in emergency and unit will need to be reset by a technician and will not be able to be used until it is safety checked".....then allow us to develop a PIN for our accounts that would ensure that the user is the one initiating the stop of session and not another random driver who just decides that their time is more important than your time.
I had another thread titled "space, the final frontier" where I bring up questions about space, waiting times, etc. However, we did not broach this topic of others stopping your charge.
Honestly, I would have thought that this would never happen....but since I have experienced it, it keeps reminding me of how selfish we are as a people, the lack of empathy and social media conditioning us into 'instant gratification', or playing nicely in a community setting and 'waiting your turn'.
I put this out of my mind, but now that I am writing about it, I am getting fired-up again just thinking of her smug attitude, the cold-attitude of going in her car and reading a newspaper to not look at me or me see her face. People WILL behave badly, the Charging Networks need to make a system to prevent them from having badly.
What are your thoughts? Would you have done what I did and just 'suck it up' after you expressed your disappointment? Or would you have stopped her charging session in return, taken a picture of her and her car and posted it on a charging app and/or social media, or done something different? What will you do in this case if (or unfortunately, when...) this happens to you?
I am diverging a bit off the main topic but this seems to be a pattern with EA where the only working station is the one with the chademo blue port. In a location I charge often the service team came and disabled another station and enabled the one with the Chademo.
It looks like EA is running low on parts and they can keep only 1 station up in some locations and then they select the one with both plug types.

More in this thread https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/ea-at-belmont-california-broken.5899/

OP
OP
Gambler

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
Honestly, I would have never thought that this would happen....but since I have experienced it, it keeps reminding me of how selfish we are as a people, the lack of empathy we have and how social media conditioned us into 'instant gratification', and/or the lack of playing nicely in a community setting and 'waiting your turn'.
I put this out of my mind, but now that I am writing about it, I am getting fired-up again just thinking of her smug attitude, the cold-shoulder of going in her car and reading a newspaper to not look at me or me see her face. People WILL behave badly, the Charging Networks need to make a system to prevent them from behaving badly.
If that happened to me. I would do the same, there is nothing to do other than accepting weird behavior from others and move on!

luv4eternity

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022
Country flag
why dont you push her button too and charge your car ? tell her " two can play that game". i would. if people are nice and ask politely, sure i'll let them charge first. BUT if they wanna be a dick and be selfish, screw being nice.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
why dont you push her button too and charge your car ? tell her " two can play that game". i would. if people are nice and ask politely, sure i'll let them charge first. BUT if they wanna be a dick and be selfish, screw being nice.
I'd do the same thing. F that "lady".

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey Lady, tell ya what. You can either stop charging and plug my car back in, or I can let the air out of your tires. Which would you prefer?
Sponsored