HansNL

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
This is next level charging if you ask me!

Took my Taycan Turbo for some HIGH SPEED driving in Germany(flat out 269 km/h)! After driving the cars top speed, several times, it was time for some HIGH SPEED charging ;) ....I am used to Tesla Super Charging.....but this is really NEXT level sh*t !!!!!

Porsche Taycan Charging Taycan Turbo @Ionity 259KW IonityChargin

Porsche Taycan Charging Taycan Turbo @Ionity 259KW Charging Speed Inside Taycan

OP
OP

HansNL

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Sorry did not charged it completly full......left with round 60% in 7min....

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
This is next level charging if you ask me!

Took my Taycan Turbo for some HIGH SPEED driving in Germany(flat out 269 km/h)! After driving the cars top speed, several times, it was time for some HIGH SPEED charging ;) ....I am used to Tesla Super Charging.....but this is really NEXT level sh*t !!!!!

IonityCharging.jpg

Charging Speed Inside Taycan.jpg
Thanks man, these are the pictures we want to see. How much kW did you charge and how long did it take starting at what SOC and what outside temperature?

tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Wow! Wondering if it would charge that fast on a cold vehicle with cold batteries, eg. not after driving it with 265km/h :D

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello,

Wondering if it would charge that fast on a cold vehicle with cold batteries :D
Charging is much slower with cold batteries. There is a chart which I don't have :) which gives a good overview of achievable charging rate dependent on SoC and temperature. My personal experience was that when the battery is really cold that 50kW+ was more realistic. That is why I would like to have a "heat battery now" button that I could press if I knew that I'll hit a charger in 5 minutes. Right now you have to use the navigation system to select a charger so that the system tries to be really smart and have the battery preconditioned on arrival - nice to have, but unnecessarily complex.

Cheers,
Henrik