cometguy

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 Sport Turismo E-Hybrid
Country flag
Maybe you have had bad experience with people that turned out couldn't be trusted in such forums, cometguy, but my experience with dedicated forums like this, is that members want to contribute with accurate information, knowledge and insight to the common good of the interest group.

As said, I got the diagram pr email from my dealer. It's a decent size Porsche dealer: In 2020 this dealer sold 93 Taycans. And I trust that the sellers there give me correct information.
This has nothing to do with bad experiences. From personal experience, dealerships tend to know MUCH less about the cars that they sell than do the people who buy and own them (excepting mechanics/technicians in the service department for the stuff they work on). As I wrote, I'm wondering because I can find nothing via Porsche HQ regarding the information in the chart provided in this thread; if this is an official chart, why would Porsche HQ hide it? No offense intended. I just don't accept things that aren't backed up. The chart seems plausible, but it doesn't seem to gel with some of the YouTube reviews that I have seen, as I said. I'm not saying that the chart is wrong -- just that I want more verification. For some of us, ground clearance is very important.

OP

ET34

First Name
Eirik
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini Cooper S Conv. + soon a CT ?
Country flag
This has nothing to do with bad experiences. From personal experience, dealerships tend to know MUCH less about the cars that they sell than do the people who buy and own them (excepting mechanics/technicians in the service department for the stuff they work on). As I wrote, I'm wondering because I can find nothing via Porsche HQ regarding the information in the chart provided in this thread; if this is an official chart, why would Porsche HQ hide it? No offense intended. I just don't accept things that aren't backed up. The chart seems plausible, but it doesn't seem to gel with some of the YouTube reviews that I have seen, as I said. I'm not saying that the chart is wrong -- just that I want more verification. For some of us, ground clearance is very important.
I agree - enthusiasts that are members of dedicated forums like this tend collectively to have much better insight into the details than the regular seller. But in this case, I got that chart in an email from my local Porsche dealer, and he wrote (quote): "And related to ground clearance in the different modes, I hope this screen dump can clarify some of your questions". So this might be some online background information that the dealers only have access to, or some extra sales material Porsche in Norway have produced (due to that Porsche Norway expects to sell even more Taycans in 2021 than the 1000 Taycans they sold in 2020, in a country with a population of just 5 million...)?

Anyway, I trust that this screen dump is correct information. And: I'm going to test the CT on Monday 14th - looking forward to that!

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

Advertisement

ZYRUS

Advertisement