AlexG

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, iPace, Taycan(s) on order
Just reviving this thread as I have had a CT and ST on order. If I understand the above, the CT is not in fact higher than the ST (or saloon/sedan) at all because the cladding eats up the extra 10mm??? For context, I'm semi-rural, with many potholed/muddy/gravel roads, but am in dire need of a car to replace a rental EQC, so going for a Turbo ST that was available soonest, rather than a CT I had reserved. I'm assuming I will need to stick to the non-farm tracks either way!
Sponsored

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
Perhaps the reason is marketing - to make the off road package look more functional to motivate more sales? The official marketing of the feature, while not actually making false claims, is somewhat misleading customers into thinking that the car gains additional ground clearance capabilities, rather than just redefine the mode-to-height mappings.
Just reviving this thread as I have had a CT and ST on order. If I understand the above, the CT is not in fact higher than the ST (or saloon/sedan) at all because the cladding eats up the extra 10mm??? For context, I'm semi-rural, with many potholed/muddy/gravel roads, but am in dire need of a car to replace a rental EQC, so going for a Turbo ST that was available soonest, rather than a CT I had reserved. I'm assuming I will need to stick to the non-farm tracks either way!
did you learn anything
about the GTS ST vs CT?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
did you learn anything
about the GTS ST vs CT?
The CT can be lifted 3 cm higher than the ST in its elevated position. Standard it is 2 cm higher. The ST can be lowered 2 cm more than the CT.

With off-road design package in normal position the CT is 1 cm higher than without. The maximal lift hight is the same (with design 2 cm without 3 cm).
I don’t have the off road design package but I have read the plastics pieces come lower and take away some ground clearance.

Last edited:

Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I quickly measured my CT4S without the off-road package and got these:
Lowest 75.5cm
Normal 77cm
Lift 80cm
This is at the back wheel to the fender. The front wheel was 1cm lower at each level. If someone with the off-road package could measure theirs we can see if there is a difference. I wasn’t trying to measure to the mm.
mm you meant?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I got tired of squinting at the low quality photo so I made a spreadsheet:

I think you have some number errors in there. I didn't check all the numbers, but for example Turbo low with or without offroad package shows the same on the original but different (by 1mm) in your spreadsheet.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think you have some number errors in there. I didn't check all the numbers, but for example Turbo low with or without offroad package shows the same on the original but different (by 1mm) in your spreadsheet.
It doesn't surprise me, I was really tired of squinting. I can check it out and correct it tomorrow.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Either my diagram is correct and there are errors in the original post (Taycan Turbo CT is lowered by 11 mm instead of 10) or Porsche is lying.

It could also be a rounding error. I have applied the appropriate lifts to the standard height but it seems to be off by a millimeter for Taycan Turbo CT in some cases.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
The CT can be lifted 3 cm higher than the ST in its elevated position. Standard it is 2 cm higher. The ST can be lowered 2 cm more than the CT.

With off-road design package in normal position the CT is 1 cm higher than without. The maximal lift hight is the same (with design 2 cm without 3 cm).
I don’t have the off road design package but I have read the plastics pieces come lower and take away some ground clearance.
checking out the older videos. does anyone actually lowered their sedan or st to lowest. it looks super impractical.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
checking out the older videos. does anyone actually lowered their sedan or st to lowest. it looks super impractical.
I imagine that those that live in warm weather climates with nicer roads run in the low setting full time.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I imagine that those that live in warm weather climates with nicer roads run in the low setting full time.
I’m in TX and I run lowered (not lowest) all the time. I do have to switch to Gravel or Raised mode at some entrance and exits to parking lots because some of them are a bit steep for seemingly no good reason.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I run my car in Houston on the lowest setting 100% of the time but do have to play 'dodg'ems' with our increasingly dilapidated road surfaces!!

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
I think I now understand something that was puzzling me. I have a CT4 that came with ( an unwanted) ORDP package. One day I decided to use the park assist option that I had not tried. It didn’t work because “ the ground clearance was too high” Since I was in normal mode I wondered why and just lowered it. However, the next day I tried it again and got the same message. So I guess with the ORDP in normal mode the default setting doesn’t appear to let you use park assist—or am I just confused?

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
default in ORDP can be set to higher clearance, you can change this back to normal in the default profile or change to personal profile and leave height at normal. based on my memory when I first started playing with it, haven't change since. I drive with sport suspension on in normal, so that lowers it back to normal normal. and 90% of the time, I'm in Sport+.

-ThinkMac-
Sponsored