B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
As I just measured: between normal and hight, the difference is exactly 20mm.
but I also noticed, that with off-road package, the clearance is only 120mm beacuse of that protective plastic infront of wheels….

Last edited:

jprice944

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1984 Porsche 944, 2006 BMW M5, 1998 Mercedes E320
Country flag
This has nothing to do with bad experiences. From personal experience, dealerships tend to know MUCH less about the cars that they sell than do the people who buy and own them (excepting mechanics/technicians in the service department for the stuff they work on). As I wrote, I'm wondering because I can find nothing via Porsche HQ regarding the information in the chart provided in this thread; if this is an official chart, why would Porsche HQ hide it? No offense intended. I just don't accept things that aren't backed up. The chart seems plausible, but it doesn't seem to gel with some of the YouTube reviews that I have seen, as I said. I'm not saying that the chart is wrong -- just that I want more verification. For some of us, ground clearance is very important.
I am a Porsche Certified Brand Ambassador and Porsche Pro from Porsche Santa Barbara in California. I can confirm the chart you are referencing is directly from Porsche. I cannot speak to why they have not published it directly on their own websites. The chart was made for dealer training purposes. The information is accurate.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I am a Porsche Certified Brand Ambassador and Porsche Pro from Porsche Santa Barbara in California. I can confirm the chart you are referencing is directly from Porsche. I cannot speak to why they have not published it directly on their own websites. The chart was made for dealer training purposes. The information is accurate.
Perhaps the reason is marketing - to make the off road package look more functional to motivate more sales? The official marketing of the feature, while not actually making false claims, is somewhat misleading customers into thinking that the car gains additional ground clearance capabilities, rather than just redefine the mode-to-height mappings.

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I set the height to the lowest setting in PCM (normal mode), now it starts in lowest height every time in normal mode. I thought it would reset itself, but I dont mind.. looks good this way.

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
This is hugely helpful as i have a steep driveway. The sedan scrapes a tiny bit, but I think the extra inch will be enough. But i don’t want that off-road plastic.

Is there an updated version of this chart for the GTS?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I set the height to the lowest setting in PCM (normal mode), now it starts in lowest height every time in normal mode. I thought it would reset itself, but I dont mind.. looks good this way.
Yeah I was surprised by this too as I thought in very early posts that the modes reset to factory positions which typically would not be in the lowest setting in Normal mode - for that you had to supposedly rely on the Individual mode. I wonder if that was a PCM update somewhere in the last year? It appears other settings also stick once changed within Modes suggesting these changes are saved into your profile - almost makes the Individual Model redundant but I have each mode customized for different scenarios so all good :)

jam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, '22 Macan S, Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
It seems from this thread (and others on this forum) that the off road package actually slightly decreases the ride height of the CT (by about 10mm) due to the additional plastic pieces. Does that plastic offer any worthwhile protection for the car’s bodywork or is it purely aesthetic (a more “off road” or rugged look)?

I would appreciate hearing from owners that have the option on their CT and have used the car on gravel or loose surfaces that would cause damage. Conversely, those who have driven on gravel without the off road package; did you notice any damage that might have been avoided by having the plastic?

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Hello to down-under ;)
As i wrote several times: i was misslead by salesguy who said that i’m getting additional 20mmm with off-road package. That was the only reason why I selected this option.
Today, I’d definitely skip it!
I don’t know how protective is….but I’m not driving off-road anyway.
and, as I found out by myself: ground clearance is almost 20mm lower because of plastic setup below.

Reactions: jam

jam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, '22 Macan S, Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
Hello to down-under ;)
As i wrote several times: i was misslead by salesguy who said that i’m getting additional 20mmm with off-road package. That was the only reason why I selected this option.
Today, I’d definitely skip it!
I don’t know how protective is….but I’m not driving off-road anyway.
and, as I found out by myself: ground clearance is almost 20mm lower because of plastic setup below.
G’day! Thanks for the insight. I had a similar experience with the SA who explained that increased ride height was the main selling point of the package.

I’m definitely keen to give my CT the best possible chance at surviving in off road scenarios. Here in Australia ~60% of our public roads are un-sealed, which means we don’t have to venture far from the city to find gravel (many great beaches and vineyards are only accessible this way). It always stings to stumble on a gravel track, in a car that wasn’t intended to handle it, only to retreat back to the safety of the tarmac for fear of leaving the underside of the car on the ground.

I’m planning to PPF this CT, so maybe the plastic trim won’t be worthwhile. In some configurations I do actually quite like the way it looks though. Now I have a more difficult choice to make.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Understood, but IMO, PPF would protect better than offroad plastic.
I also noticed that this plastic collects parts of sand in some areas (below rear doors), so i’m definitely against….
otherwise, someone posted a chart about height differences between RWD, CT with/without offroad package, but I found this forum too late, so I couldn’t change configuration anymore,

Reactions: jam

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I found out by myself: ground clearance is almost 20mm lower because of plastic setup below.
Something just occurred to me. The Normal height with the off-road package is 10mm higher not because they want to give the CT higher clearance than the non off-road package version, but rather it's higher to offset for the plastics under the floor, to give it same clearance as without off-road package.

Last edited: