ET34

First Name
Eirik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini Cooper S Conv. + soon a CT ?
Country flag
Hi, my first post here. Consider to order a CT, but want to try it before pulling the trigger.

Regarding the height, I got this description fom my dealer:

Porsche Taycan Chart: Taycan Cross Turismo ground clearance heights -- with and without Offroad Design Package Taycan Cross Turismo ground clearance heights with without Offroad Design Package

As one can see, every CT will be able to be lifted 30mm more than the Taycan's Lift mode. And the CT's Lift mode will be 20mm higher than Gravel mode, regardless of Offroad Design Package. And Low on the CT Is 19mm higher than the Tacan Low mode. Hope this clarifies the ground clearance questions!
Sponsored

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Useful info, thanks.
This means that the offroad package doesn't really give any different options compared to the standard, it only sets the default to the gravel mode. The reasons for taking the offroad package are even less than I thought (good I decided against it).

Last edited:

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Yeah the only real differences with the ORDP are the default ride height set to high and those unsightly 'rock blocker' body add-ons. ?

Guards Red Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2021 Macan S, 2024 Boxster S
Country flag
Thank you for this comprehensive data sheet

My question is: What happens with the suspension when you press the Gravel Mode button on a Cross Turismo which is equipped with Off Road Design Package?

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Thank you for this comprehensive data sheet

My question is: What happens with the suspension when you press the Gravel Mode button on a Cross Turismo which is equipped with Off Road Design Package?
It obviously doesn’t change the height. But there seems to be other thing going on as well:

”In gravel mode, the ride height is raised by 30 millimetres compared with the sedan. Gravel mode also influences the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), Porsche Traction Management (PTM), Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+) and Porsche Stability Management (PSM) chassis systems, as well as the rear-axle transmission. The shift operations of the latter are optimized to ensure maximum traction. The car’s throttle characteristics have also been designed specially for off-road driving in terms of power delivery and control precision.”

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
What is “lowered” in the diagrams? I don’t recall there being four different air suspension settings when driving the sedan.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
What is “lowered” in the diagrams? I don’t recall there being four different air suspension settings when driving the sedan.
There are four different settings. In Sport you are in lowered, in Normal you are in medium and in range mode you are in lowest. High mode is only used to clear obstacles up to 30 km/h. Over 30 km/h, it lowers down to original setting automatically.

OP
OP

ET34

First Name
Eirik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just an update on how the CT height will be adjusted when parked & locked:
  • CT with Offroad Package: when parked it will stay in the Normal=Gravel mode, and start in the same height, i.e. start with 156mm groud clearance for the 4/4S.
  • CT without the Offroad Design Package will return to Normal mode when locked, witch for the 4/4S is 146mm ground clearance. You need to push Gravel mode to lift the CT to 156mm clearance after starting the car.
When parked in Lift mode, they will all start in Lift mode again!

Personally I think I would prefer to have a bit more comfortable entry&exit height, that's why I'll order the Offroad Design Package, I think (the driver seat in our Mini Cooper S Convertible is even higher than the normal CT, I think. Our Range Rover is of course in a different league...)

Reactions: B61

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Hi, my first post here. Consider to order a CT, but want to try it before pulling the trigger.

Regarding the height, I got this description fom my dealer:

Taycan Cross Turismo ground clearance heights with without Offroad Design Package.png

As one can see, every CT will be able to be lifted 30mm more than the Taycan's Lift mode. And the CT's Lift mode will be 20mm higher than Gravel mode, regardless of Offroad Design Package. And Low on the CT Is 19mm higher than the Tacan Low mode. Hope this clarifies the ground clearance questions!
Did you put together this chart? Or did your dealership? Or did Porsche? As I cannot find any such information at any Porsche webpage, I suspect this is a chart that you put together (or else your dealer, which seems really odd to me, given how little dealerships actually do anything). I'd like to know if Porsche HQ can/has confirmed the details in this chart, and if so, why they don't post it somewhere. I mean no offense, but I find it slightly hard to believe that the car can be raised to the same ground clearance with or without the Offroad package, thus my questioning the sources of this chart. Everything that I have seen from Porsche and from journalists suggests that the Offroad-package maximum height is higher than a car without it. And I'd really like to see what speeds each lifted mode are valid for (in my two Panameras with air suspension, the highest lift position is only valid for speeds < 18 mph, for example). I wonder if there will be a separate owner's manual (with this different "Gravel" information) for the CT, vs. the Taycan sedan.

OP
OP

ET34

First Name
Eirik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi cometguy, as said I got that description from my local Porsche dealer after I questioned how the Offroad Design Package would impact entry and exit height (ground clearance). I used the questions discussed in this thread, and my dealer provided the description to me by email, which I then uploaded here. I don't know where he had that diagram from, I'm afraid. But I've stressed him a bit reg the height of the CT. Contrary to many others here, I want a car that is easy to enter and exit (doesn't need to be as high as our Range Rover, though), but still be a versatile driving machine!

I haven't pulled the trigger of ordering a CT yet - will wait until I can test a CT and verify that it 1) Is good to enter & exit, and 2) Will manage the last 200 meters of a quite demanding gravel "road" (steep slopes & thight turns) to our summer house. My dealer hoped to have a CT to test in a couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to that!

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
All reviews I read or watch indicates that this is a software suspension package, and that at the highest level, it's the same with or without the ORDP. The only difference is that it's exactly like chart indicates, that it's sits higher at ORDP normal level vs a non ORDP CT. so ORDP normal is gravel for non ORDP, hence the 10mm difference at each level.

It defaults to a level that's just 10mm higher.

That chart makes total sense, and it's as good as if it came from internal Porsche communicate.

The only ding (no pun intended, but realized what I did there, ha) I have against the ORDP is that at it's lowest, it's now 10mm higher. Which might take a hit in range (don't know how much really), if you're like 2 miles away from a charging station, that 2 miles will be huge!! Same with the power charge port hit.

-ThinkMac-

Did you put together this chart? Or did your dealership? Or did Porsche? As I cannot find any such information at any Porsche webpage, I suspect this is a chart that you put together (or else your dealer, which seems really odd to me, given how little dealerships actually do anything). I'd like to know if Porsche HQ can/has confirmed the details in this chart, and if so, why they don't post it somewhere. I mean no offense, but I find it slightly hard to believe that the car can be raised to the same ground clearance with or without the Offroad package, thus my questioning the sources of this chart. Everything that I have seen from Porsche and from journalists suggests that the Offroad-package maximum height is higher than a car without it. And I'd really like to see what speeds each lifted mode are valid for (in my two Panameras with air suspension, the highest lift position is only valid for speeds < 18 mph, for example). I wonder if there will be a separate owner's manual (with this different "Gravel" information) for the CT, vs. the Taycan sedan.

OP
OP

ET34

First Name
Eirik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you put together this chart? Or did your dealership? Or did Porsche? As I cannot find any such information at any Porsche webpage, I suspect this is a chart that you put together (or else your dealer, which seems really odd to me, given how little dealerships actually do anything).
Maybe you have had bad experience with people that turned out couldn't be trusted in such forums, cometguy, but my experience with dedicated forums like this, is that members want to contribute with accurate information, knowledge and insight to the common good of the interest group.

As said, I got the diagram pr email from my dealer. It's a decent size Porsche dealer: In 2020 this dealer sold 93 Taycans. And I trust that the sellers there give me correct information.

Last edited:

cars97

First Name
nonexist
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Did anyone damage the underside of their Taycan before, because the chassis see pretty low to the ground.
Sponsored