First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
dbot16, That is beautiful! :rock:

Were the calipers white originally? How much to have them painted?

I'm torn between the Cherry Red and Ice Grey, but Mission E tires look great on both! Yours is making me lean towards Cherry! :clap:
Thanks!!

Yes, they were white originally. They cost $1K to be painted. The place that did the tint, wrap, and coating was East Side Auto Salon in Bellevue. They're great to work with. The folks who painted the calipers was down the street from them (they work together).
Sponsored

Mazithra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan & Taycan & Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Lovely.
No regrets about having the solid roof? I haven’t ordered pano glass but as most people do, worry that I’m missing something...
Mine is pano glass =)

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
Ah sorry - looked like solid roof.
I have the solid roof, have driven one with pano and for the driver I don't think it makes a difference (not for me anyway). The pano roof started almost directly above my head so I only noticed it the one time I looked up to see the view.

I believe for passengers it's better but I don't care about my passengers! I think people have mentioned it does brighten the interior a bit, but it's not something I noticed when I drove the pano model, although it was at the Silverstone PECC so I was looking at the track, and I'm not incredibly observant of things like that. So I was unlikely to notice any difference.

I prefer the look of the solid roof from the outside as it continues the body lines, the only real downside for me is lack of roof rack, but I didn't get a Taycan so I could put a roof box on it, so I can live with that.

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
I have the solid roof, have driven one with pano and for the driver I don't think it makes a difference (not for me anyway). The pano roof started almost directly above my head so I only noticed it the one time I looked up to see the view.

I believe for passengers it's better but I don't care about my passengers! I think people have mentioned it does brighten the interior a bit, but it's not something I noticed when I drove the pano model, although it was at the Silverstone PECC so I was looking at the track, and I'm not incredibly observant of things like that. So I was unlikely to notice any difference.

I prefer the look of the solid roof from the outside as it continues the body lines, the only real downside for me is lack of roof rack, but I didn't get a Taycan so I could put a roof box on it, so I can live with that.
Thanks RG. My thoughts echo yours but I'm just at order lockdown stage for a Jun 1 build (6 months since initial order!!) so, as ever, was questioning it. I have the two tone chalk/beige interior so don't think it will be claustrophobic and definitely prefer the scalloped design and continuity of colour. I'll stand firm with my initial decision.

okkotonushi

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Porsche 992S, Genesis GV60
Country flag
So, mine is nearly finished with modifications.
I didn't like the visible grey-black plastic on the outside, so I had all these parts painted in high-gloss black.

I also changed all the lettering from silver to black.

After that I had to get the Mission E rims ;-) and because you can see the pots from the brakes in light colours afterwards, I had them painted as well.

Porsche Taycan CHERRY METALLIC Taycan Club IMG_6412

Porsche Taycan CHERRY METALLIC Taycan Club IMG_6419_neutral

Porsche Taycan CHERRY METALLIC Taycan Club IMG_6413

Porsche Taycan CHERRY METALLIC Taycan Club IMG_6417

Porsche Taycan CHERRY METALLIC Taycan Club IMG_6418

Porsche Taycan CHERRY METALLIC Taycan Club 0a992505-c15b-4b83-aaeb-fe2f7d40129d

Porsche Taycan CHERRY METALLIC Taycan Club 4c68a1a9-26e2-4635-827d-edcc39208b1a

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
So, mine is nearly finished with modifications.
I didn't like the visible grey-black plastic on the outside, so I had all these parts painted in high-gloss black.

I also changed all the lettering from silver to black.

After that I had to get the Mission E rims ;-) and because you can see the pots from the brakes in light colours afterwards, I had them painted as well.

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6419_neutral.jpg

IMG_6413.jpeg

IMG_6417.jpeg

IMG_6418.jpeg

0a992505-c15b-4b83-aaeb-fe2f7d40129d.jpeg

4c68a1a9-26e2-4635-827d-edcc39208b1a.jpeg
Beautiful! Was it pricy to have the plastic parts painted? I have a 4 Cross Turismo on order in Cherry Metallic and have gloss black accents everywhere. Thinking of having the wheel arches painted gloss black. It’s standard on the Turbo S, but not even an option on the other models. I’ll be taking it for PPF/ceramic coating right after I pick it up, and will be out of town for more than a week. I figure that’s the best time to have them paint the wheel arches if I go for it.

Mazithra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan & Taycan & Mini Cooper SE
Country flag

Although I opted for the pano roof, I have to agree with you 100%

I bought it just for the cool factor, but it has no use to me as a driver like you explained.

It's also worse than a solid roof during hot summer days. The tinting and the UV filters are not as good as a solid roof when it comes to heat insulation.

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
Hey Guys

Hello from NJ. Got my Cherry Metallic Taycan and love it!
20210618_173217.jpg
20210618_190616 (2).jpg
Beautiful ride. Would you please post few more pictures? and how did you like it so far?

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
Derek, how did you like it so far? your ride looks absolutely stunning!

Mine will be here around August 15th, reading about all kind of issues and was wondering how was your experience so far.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Derek, how did you like it so far? your ride looks absolutely stunning!

Mine will be here around August 15th, reading about all kind of issues and was wondering how was your experience so far.
Thanks! I will say, at first I had quite an adjustment coming from a 991.1 Targa, but I shook that off after a couple of days and now I love the car. I've put over 3000 miles on it in just over a month without even really going anywhere. :) It is a joy to drive.

Even though Tesla does many EV things better than Porsche, Porsche does driving better and I am very pleased I went this route.
Sponsored