Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I believe it is the quickest 5 seater passenger car...

Also interesting it was quicker than a number of cars that recorded significantly faster Nurburgring times.
Sponsored

Last edited:

donnie919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane Mk3
Country flag
That ending :D

But the engineer that came with the car had a glint in his eyes, and the glint to me said: "we've just given you a taste of we're we at" and what he did say "I'm so desperate to show you we're we at right now in development, because the future's gonna be great"

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
This is the full review, not just the preview. I assume it will be taken down soon, but it's a must-see
True, the guy is all complaining when he talks to Chris and even going on about other cars and infrastructure. But when he drives it, his brain is wiped! :whew:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
nice! thanks a lot from everyone outside of the UK. :)

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
It’s interesting that he did the top gear interview after the test drive.

in the test drive he is very positive but in the interview more balanced and critical of the green credentials of EV vehicles and clearly thinks the Taycan is a 1.0 version that will quickly be superseded and hence only for people with too much money.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It’s interesting that he did the top gear interview after the test drive.

in the test drive he is very positive but in the interview more balanced and critical of the green credentials of EV vehicles and clearly thinks the Taycan is a 1.0 version that will quickly be superseded and hence only for people with too much money.
Yes the whole interview really swapped things around some, very strange. One big rant was on destroying tires while drifting a 2 ton car. Well that isn't changing on EVs till a new battery technology appears. Another solution, Ice Drifting.

Chris also seemed to read a lot into a twinkle in the eye about new stuff just around the corner.

My take is not so pesemistic on the Taycan being quickly superseded:
I do certainly believe Porsche is actively working on new tech, but also I think the Taycan has shown to be very complete and competitive. Also I think Porsche will have their hands full with production and broadening their vehicle portfolio into SUVs and adding options $$$ ;)

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I do think this car will be incredibly hard on tires because of the weight combined with the incredible handling. Just be prepared...:oops:

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I plan to get the maximum efficiency, only drive at slow speeds, and practically come to full halt before going around any corners. I bought this car to save money on gas...so my tires will last 50K miles AT LEAST. And think of the savings on not having to replace brake pads and oil changes.

Yes, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I plan to get the maximum efficiency, only drive at slow speeds, and practically come to full halt before going around any corners. I bought this car to save money on gas...so my tires will last 50K miles AT LEAST. And think of the savings on not having to replace brake pads and oil changes.

Yes, that is my story and I am sticking to it.
I wish you the best on that @epirali . I went through the first set of my Bolt EV tires in 22K miles. Michelin gave me a break on a new set but now with only 7k on them they are down a bit. That car is only front wheel drive and I ran in L mode (high Regen on accelerator release). I now changed my driving style to D mode (normal automatic transmission feel). As the Bolt EV also does Regen on break usage. I hope to save tires and make it less roller coaster like for spouse and be Taycan ready. :cool:

But I don't plan to slow down before corners in the Taycan, I am depending on the rear wheel steering and 4WD to save tires.

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I do think this car will be incredibly hard on tires because of the weight combined with the incredible handling. Just be prepared...:oops:
For racing, certainly, but for regular driving not at all, correct?
Sponsored