Clear protection film (PPF) on the Taycan?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
For those that have had PPF, did they end up carving out (or cutting around) the sensors and the tow-hook cover? I had mine PPF'd and they are not carved out and therefore you see "white" or hazy clear in the gap between the sensor and the bumper.
Charitably speaking...let's hope they forgot. Absolutely yes that stuff gets trimmed around.

What mine looks like -with- PPF...you can't even tell.

Porsche Taycan Clear protection film (PPF) on the Taycan? IMG_0337
Sponsored

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
Yup, that would be the charitable way to think about. Here goes another couple of hours to get it resolved. Janky...

Porsche Taycan Clear protection film (PPF) on the Taycan? IMG_3929

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yup, that would be the charitable way to think about. Here goes another couple of hours to get it resolved. Janky...

IMG_3929.jpg
It looks like a really clean job otherwise though. I bet it trims up just fine.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Tow hook yes, sensors no. My sensors looked like yours the first few days then dried out. Now it’s seamless.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag

IMG_3929.jpg
Hopefully it was just a mistake. Take a look at the rest of the car or have someone who has PPF’d their car professionally to see if there’s any other deficiencies.

Reactions: GRV

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
For those that have had PPF, did they end up carving out (or cutting around) the sensors and the tow-hook cover? I had mine PPF'd and they are not carved out and therefore you see "white" or hazy clear in the gap between the sensor and the bumper.
Removed tow hook cover - wrapped inside the hole. Wrapped the cover than reinstalled.

Reactions: GRV

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
After paint correction (very minor), Suntek for the entire front end, mirrors and in front of rear wheels, and then GTechiq

Porsche Taycan Clear protection film (PPF) on the Taycan? tempImageKWRWtD

Porsche Taycan Clear protection film (PPF) on the Taycan? tempImageAlf95M

Porsche Taycan Clear protection film (PPF) on the Taycan? tempImagenPF1MC

yucatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I did PPF on '21 Taycan Turbo S and also ceramic.

https://www.autopaintguard.com/gallery/

Also tinted....if anyone in Tampa Bay Area highly recommended. Not affiliated other than a customer...Top notch but expensive but worth every penny with quality and professionalism...Taking my 911 Turbo S there in few weeks also...
IMG_6912.JPG
Hey, I’m in Tampa. That looks great. I’m currently awaiting delivery of my Turbo S, which is scheduled to happen this month post-TPMS delay. Are you willing to share how much you ended up paying for PPF, ceramic coating and tinting at auto paint guard? TIA

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Front end and mirrors with SunTek Reaction film. The rest of the 4S Graphene Ceramic coated.

Porsche Taycan Clear protection film (PPF) on the Taycan? 3B21A9D0-987D-4BC7-B8B6-9DD2AB06B6C7

Porsche Taycan Clear protection film (PPF) on the Taycan? 540621C4-F2A2-44D2-8699-1992DE91246E

DirtRider

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had the from end of the car wrapped at the dealership. I can't tell where the wrap starts and where it ends.

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S & 2020 911 Turbo S
Country flag
Hi there. I can't remember off top off my head, but I will check and reply back...Wasn't cheap but such a professional shop. Trust them so much I am taking my 911 Turbo S for FULL PPF and ceramic...Nothing but ultra luxury high end inside that shop...
Porsche Taycan Clear protection film (PPF) on the Taycan? IMG_7146

Hey, I’m in Tampa. That looks great. I’m currently awaiting delivery of my Turbo S, which is scheduled to happen this month post-TPMS delay. Are you willing to share how much you ended up paying for PPF, ceramic coating and tinting at auto paint guard? TIA

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Anyone noticed rock chips or micro scratches on the doors behind the front fender vents?

Would this part of the door need PPF?

It's not a problem for those with the power charge port cover

Porsche Taycan Clear protection film (PPF) on the Taycan? 1582135305087

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got a full PPF install just a month ago and yes, all the sensors were covered. It doesn't seem to affect their performance though and I'm not bothered by the slightly visible film over the gap.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Anyone noticed rock chips or micro scratches on the doors behind the front fender vents?

Would this part of the door need PPF?

It's not a problem for those with the power charge port cover
No but I'd wrap the doors. I thought it through then ended up doing the entire car. It's worth it if anyone wants to keep their paint pristine for years and thousands of miles.
Sponsored