Click-bait Cretins have moved to Taycans now…

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
I have been watching a lot of you tube stuff on electric cars in general and Taycans in particular.
There is a lot of very poor content but there is VERY little truly offensive even when I don’t agree at all.
However…
This guy is an absolute ****
The only you tuber in the car world that I have watched (so far!) that I despise.
All his videos have the crazy click bait photo and logo start.
Just seeing the OP post triggered me. I watched part of one of his anti-electric diatribes once and I wanted to smash the screen.
He is the only person I have ever wanted to leave really, really offensive feedback for. I resisted. Just encourages them.
Its a shame but i am sure his mother love's him

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
If you can bear to watch one of his videos (don’t) you can’t help but come to the inescapable conclusion that his mum probably thinks he’s a dick too!
As a fellow Lancastrian I completely agree

Last edited:

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Unless its naked ladies I tend to not bother with online video content, you cant get upset at naked ladies, if I am allowed to still use that pronoun, maybe unpenised person might be better.......

Chalks99

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Hopefully he gets rid of it; total numpty; nothing wrong with the car, plenty wrong with the driver though !

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
This is warning and not an endorsement - social media milk machine clickbait sponging twats have now moved on to Taycans.

Such a shame he cheated death 😂

The guy is called "Lee Davey" and I've met him in person when we had a meeting (on his request). He asked me to appear in one of his videos. The plan was to film a long distance trip from Holland to Leeds. He came to my mum's house in Leeds (his girlfriend lives a couple of streets away) and we had a chat over what we would do and logistics etc. I was still waiting to take delivery of my Taycan at that point, however, so in the meantime we discussed him coming over to Holland to film the charging network on the continent. Before that happened, however, he posted a few more videos of his own car, and they were just complete nonsense and full of lies, so I said I wanted nothing to do with any video that he was making. He has since blocked me on Twitter and muted me on his YouTube channel.

One of his videos claimed his car was putting his relationship at risk because he had to stop to charge, yet he has a really weird set-up with a girlfriend in Leeds (and apparently two children) who he barely sees. I know where he lives despite the fact that he thinks he's being clever hiding his location when he films on YouTube. I drive past his girlfriend's house because it's two streets away from my mum's house. I've seen his Taycan parked on her drive. He hasn't even bothered to get a home charger fitted there, which shows how little time he spends there.

This guy is an absolute ****

He is the only person I have ever wanted to leave really, really offensive feedback for. I resisted. Just encourages them.
He actually mutes comments on YouTube when people point out the lies in his videos. And if you're muted, you don't actually get a notification to tell you you're muted. You can still post and your comment appears to you, just not to other people. I worked this out because I thought it was very odd he said in his videos that "I read all your comments down below that I'm doing it wrong etc.", and I realised that I never actually see comments like that in his YouTube channel. So I did a test using a secondary account, and sure enough, I had been muted.

I feel your anger @Ross. Such an egregious twat. Trouble is he’s just doing it for the clicks, nothing more.
He actually told me last June in an email to me that he had a Taycan Turbo S in white on order, and that he actually "loves" his Taycan. Not long after that we met for the first time where he told me he had a 4S on order, clearly forgetting what he'd told me in the email. I quickly realised he's a Billy Bullshi**er.

Porsche Taycan Click-bait Cretins have moved to Taycans now… Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 12.20.56

Last edited:
OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Thanks @Throb for the background intel there.

The saddest part is there are gullible folk who will just lap up the lies and nonsense this twit spouts.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Thanks @Throb for the background intel there.

The saddest part is there are gullible folk who will just lap up the lies and nonsense this twit spouts.
Yes, unfortunately that is the case.

I've been watching him for around a year now when one of his videos was suggested to me on YouTube because it was local to where I'm from. He has an engaging presenting style and he certainly knows what he's doing when making a professional looking video, so I kept watching, as there were many videos which had particular relevance to me, such as reviewing restaurants near my family. When he took delivery of his Taycan it was perfect for me, because I obviously I had mine on order and it would give me an insight into life with a Taycan. I made a few comments giving advice on where to charge, and telling him I'm planning on doing long-distance journeys, and it's then he made contact with me asking to do a video with me.

His viewers are of a certain demographic, and one which would never be in the market for a Taycan. The last thing they want to see is someone telling them that electric cars are fine. They want to know that the car they can't afford is "rubbish". He knows this and it's probably why he's just passed 100,000 subscribers.

I do still watch his videos, and the nonsense he posts is unbelievable. He deliberately avoids Ionity and chooses chargers which are slower and more expensive so he can moan about the wasted time and expense. He faffs around looking for chargers when he still has 60% battery remaining. He even said in one video when he drove to Brighton that Gary Lineker is in a conspiracy with the BBC to promote EVs.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Did Porsche start selling 21" winter tires in the UK?

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Yes, unfortunately that is the case.

I've been watching him for around a year now when one of his videos was suggested to me on YouTube because it was local to where I'm from. He has an engaging presenting style and he certainly knows what he's doing when making a professional looking video, so I kept watching, as there were many videos which had particular relevance to me, such as reviewing restaurants near my family. When he took delivery of his Taycan it was perfect for me, because I obviously I had mine on order and it would give me an insight into life with a Taycan. I made a few comments giving advice on where to charge, and telling him I'm planning on doing long-distance journeys, and it's then he made contact with me asking to do a video with me.

His viewers are of a certain demographic, and one which would never be in the market for a Taycan. The last thing they want to see is someone telling them that electric cars are fine. They want to know that the car they can't afford is "rubbish". He knows this and it's probably why he's just passed 100,000 subscribers.

I do still watch his videos, and the nonsense he posts is unbelievable. He deliberately avoids Ionity and chooses chargers which are slower and more expensive so he can moan about the wasted time and expense. He faffs around looking for chargers when he still has 60% battery remaining. He even said in one video when he drove to Brighton that Gary Lineker is in a conspiracy with the BBC to promote EVs.
Excellent info about this complete and utter, utter nob.
Absolutely confirming what I was only 99% sure about.
Thank you
I like the way you blanked your own email address on the screenshot of the email but left his on view.
I might drop him a friendly greeting.
Maybe we all could?

I nearly dropped my phone when I read that you still watch his videos. I admire your perseverance!
I would rather eat my own excrement that give him a penny in you tube royalties.

He is aiming for same demographic as Clarkson.
He is a (very) low rent version of Clarkson.
Trying to be ‘controversial’ 🤮
Sponsored