Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Anyone else experienced a clicking noise from the brake pedal?
It appears when depressing the first cm, just a soft click as if the pedal head is loose and hits the pedal arm.

It does not seem loose, so wondering what could be causing it, and more importantly, what to do about it.

Car is new, could this be a brake bedding issue as regen has not started yet?

Sound is driving me nuts, so would very much appreciate any input and potential solutions.
Sponsored

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
My 2022 CT was clicking like this during the first couple of weeks as well but it has since disappeared. My original 2020 Taycan didn´t click no matter age.

BartA

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
My new '22 CT 4S also clicks sometimes. I only did 300km so didn't had chance to test it well.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
Mine does this sometimes, but I really only notice it when I have ACC on and the car is moving the brake pedal by itself. And even then not always.

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
I notice it too, my car is under 1 month old. It doesn’t seem to have any impact on braking performance. However, I noticed that driving under 12kmph the “pads” are activated and I can hear a dull scraping sound. Not sure if it’s normal.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine clicks too! Although for me it happens when I lift off the brake pedal. Through trial and error I found it only does the click when friction brakes are being applied. I figure it's some sort of mechanism that's blending the friction brakes and regen brake?

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
As per Jayyvr…I had the clicking sound when releasing the brake pedal when we first got our car. Now with 5000km it has gone away.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
Mine clicks too! Although for me it happens when I lift off the brake pedal. Through trial and error I found it only does the click when friction brakes are being applied. I figure it's some sort of mechanism that's blending the friction brakes and regen brake?
I experience the exact same thing: clicking sound when foot is removed from the brake pedal. Quite annoying. Car only has 200 km on the clock, so hoping this is related to it still beeing kind of "fresh"...

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Same here....and it only seems to happen sometimes and exactly when you remove your foot from the brakepedal.

Come to think of it...i didnt hear it on my last few drives....so i will have to check if its gone.

Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S CT, 2022 LR D110, 1989 LR D90
Country flag
My car does the same thing. Had the car for a week. Did this resolve?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have it too on my GTS ST with PSCB but I think it is normal.

No recuperation active yet (only 300 miles) and will wait until that happens before taking sction.

There is a brake pedal learning phase in the early days and so could all be related.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I had it all the time while the brakes bedded in and there was no regen. At 2500 km now there is a clicking sound sometimes (not often), and it seems to be unrelated to regen / not regen. It is a bit annoying, I don't think it should be like this, but have not visited the shop about it yet.

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Has this issues initially with the car but now 2100miles in I don’t hear it anymore…🤷🏻‍♂️
Sponsored