Closest dealer with a CT to test drive is more than 300 miles away

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Pretty sure I want a CT but still want to check out one in person and test drive it, especially to feel the default height difference as well as the back seats/trunk. Have test driven a RWD and a 4S sedan.

Have other people done this (ordering a CT having only tested driven a sedan)?

The other thing is, say I decide the road trip is worth it, in the current market it's not impossible that the CT at the dealer gets sold while I'm on my way there lol.
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I decided on a CT 4S only having driven a sedan 4S. I did go out of my way a couple of times to find CT4 to look at it (customers cars). The drive is not remarkably different in the cockpit. If you're happy with the perf level of what you're driving and having a similar trim line on the CT side, you're golden.

Word of caution, don't test drive a 4S and buy a 4. Don't test drive a turbo S and then buy a Turbo, 4S, etc. I test drove a 4S and I couldn't fathom going to a 4. Many folks will tell you on here, a 4 is all you need. It's what you want.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Pretty sure I want a CT but still want to check out one in person and test drive it, especially to feel the default height difference as well as the back seats/trunk. Have test driven a RWD and a 4S sedan.

Have other people done this (ordering a CT having only tested driven a sedan)?

The other thing is, say I decide the road trip is worth it, in the current market it's not impossible that the CT at the dealer gets sold while I'm on my way there lol.
I drove a 4S sedan and saw/sat in a CT4 in person (without driving it) before ordering a 4S CT. Candidly, I didnt drive the 4S wide open (and it was a low/poverty spec model at that) but I gathered enough info to know that a 4S CT with a full performance package and other add-ones would meet my needs and expectations. My current car is a Panamera ST 4S so I was able to make some interesting comparisons between the two. Still waiting for the Taycan though….seems like it may never come.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
You could see if any forum members on here are close by and willing to show you their CT. One of our forum members was kind enough to show me his car when my local dealer didn’t have any to show me. They even took me for a ride so I could experience the car as a passenger. Thanks again @SpicewoodT !

Parlorman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I ordered my CT 4S after test driving a 4S sedan. That drive told me all I needed to know and I’m confident any difference in performance/handling will be insignificant to me. I already knew I wanted a CT, but sitting in the back while my son drove reinforced that decision. The headroom was a little tight in the sedan and I wanted the extra space in the back. I’m a musician and some of my equipment wouldn’t fit through the sedan‘s trunk opening. No such problems with the CT.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I tested a CT 4S and a RWD. Like @RAHRCR I didn’t drive it at maximal power not to be tempted to buy the 4S. The week afterwards I tested the RWD and that was more than fast enough for me

comparing the CT and the RWD. Coming from a X5 both where low and well handeling. I am tall and the CT is easier to get in and out and the CT is a bit more comfortable drive. For me it is my only family car so I prefer a bit more comfort.

Took delivery last week. I was a bit afraid it should have gone for the 4S. But it still has a good push in the back from 0 and even more at speed. Happy with my choice and no regrets. Accelerating in normal mode gives a good progressive push and in sport mode it is more brisk.

the boot is easier to acces.Yesterday i went for groceries and a could put 6 crates of soft drinks in (24 x 25cc bottles). Today some things for the garden and the 2+1 was handy to put the centre part down for some long stuff.

OP
OP

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Thank you all. Appreciate the responses. I'll still try to get my hands on a CT but if I couldn't I'll just go order one.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
The CT and sedan are the same car, just different rear hatch and roof line. We test drove a 4S before the wife ordered a CT4. We were lucky to find a CT4 about 60 miles away so she could physically look at the car and verify she liked it. But no test drive of the CT.

Car arrived in December and we have no regrets. Excellent car.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Pretty sure I want a CT but still want to check out one in person and test drive it, especially to feel the default height difference as well as the back seats/trunk. Have test driven a RWD and a 4S sedan.....
What State are you in?

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Northern California (Bay Area)
Sorry I can't help you from the East coast almost 3000 miles away. If someone showed up at my place with a Macan GTS I would definitely take them for a ride in my CT4 and probably let them drive it. There should be a few CT4s in your area and hopefully someone on the forum will reach out to you.

I offered to bring my CT4 to my selling dealer if they had a serious customer who wanted to see one before placing an order. After owning the car for six months I doubt if any dealer would risk connecting a prospective customer with an existing customer for fear of hearing about the glitchy PCM software.

OP
OP

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Sorry I can't help you from the East coast almost 3000 miles away. If someone showed up at my place with a Macan GTS I would definitely take them for a ride in my CT4 and probably let them drive it. There should be a few CT4s in your area and hopefully someone on the forum will reach out to you.

I offered to bring my CT4 to my selling dealer if they had a serious customer who wanted to see one before placing an order. After owning the car for six months I doubt if any dealer would risk connecting a prospective customer with an existing customer for fear of hearing about the glitchy PCM software.
No worries and appreciate it man!

OP
OP

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Huge shoutout to Nick, aka Greenmachine, who was nice enough to not only show me his beautiful Mamba Green 4 CT, but also give me a ride (a lot more intense than what I was expecting and my own test drive lol)!

Now finger crossed that I don't need to wait too long for an allocation!
Sponsored