RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Nice but 4th new car!?! I’ve had two 2021 4s and now 2022 Turbo S and Many have said that was a little “extra”.
Why all the changes? Car looks great BtW

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice but 4th new car!?! I’ve had two 2021 4s and now 2022 Turbo S and Many have said that was a little “extra”.
Why all the changes? Car looks great BtW
Thanks , i May repaint the alloys to standard mission e in time but loving it so far ..

I got a 4s in July 2020 ,2nd one in Ireland and the pcm didn’t work from day one
so got a good deal to upgrade to new turbo s in Jan 2021 ,kept that for a year and sold it
then tried a RWD in Jan this year but couldn’t bond with it (turbo s ruined me) so sold it after a month and ordered this turbo then which delivered today

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Yeah- I can’t imagine going from a turbo S to a RWD. Talk about underwhelming! I could never go back after the upgrade although I think the standard turbo might be the sweet spot.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
This is ice grey…or frozen blue?
I love bright colours, but those wheels should be black.
just my $0.02.

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is ice grey…or frozen blue?
I love bright colours, but those wheels should be black.
just my $0.02.
Ice Grey
I hear you in the wheels and I May paint them but the silver hue from the ice grey might make the gold wheels work ?!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Ice Grey
I hear you in the wheels and I May paint them but the silver hue from the ice grey might make the gold wheels work ?!
Honestly - not my cup of tea :facepalm:…but if you like them, keep them :rock:

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
tried a RWD in Jan this year but couldn’t bond with it (turbo s ruined me) so sold it after a month and ordered this turbo then which delivered today
Not too surprised Graham – Turbo(S) hard to step down from. I've never actually driven the RWD. You are keeping the second hand Irish market nicely fed!

I'm eagerly awaiting my own Turbo S delivery – though its a few months away yet. The 222 plate actually looks good!

Surprised you went for that wheel colour – you had it on your Turbo S (right?) – and I didn't think you loved it there?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the standard turbo might be the sweet spot.
It definitely is.

Only reason I'm going Turbo S is that I kept ticking all the options that come standard with Turbo S – miss the yellow carbon ceramic's after my Turbo S Panamera – and at least in Ireland – the higher base price holds its value (in a normal market) much better than the options.

If you don't care for all the options and the ceramic's the Turbo makes a heck of a lot of sense.

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not too surprised Graham – Turbo(S) hard to step down from. I've never actually driven the RWD. You are keeping the second hand Irish market nicely fed!

I'm eagerly awaiting my own Turbo S delivery – though its a few months away yet. The 222 plate actually looks good!

Surprised you went for that wheel colour – you had it on your Turbo S (right?) – and I didn't think you loved it there?

Thanks Damien , I can’t wait to see your Turbo S !
I Saw a local Taycan here last week Reg plate 222D666 😂
Yes the wheel colour on the grey one maybe looked better but I was inspired but this type of Porsche look ..

Porsche Taycan Collected 4th New Taycan Today - Ice Grey Turbo w/ Gold Wheels 5B5F0BDC-BE37-43F3-ADC5-705AE9833B77
Porsche Taycan Collected 4th New Taycan Today - Ice Grey Turbo w/ Gold Wheels EB79F8D7-B2FD-4530-A617-ED4689BC52C0

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It definitely is.

Only reason I'm going Turbo S is that I kept ticking all the options that come standard with Turbo S – miss the yellow carbon ceramic's after my Turbo S Panamera – and at least in Ireland – the higher base price holds its value (in a normal market) much better than the options.

If you don't care for all the options and the ceramic's the Turbo makes a heck of a lot of sense.
I didn’t really have a choice as could only get a Turbo slot for delivery Pre 2023 . I would rather a Turbo S ! but this is my second car and garage complete now (wife’s electric mini in pic too )
Porsche Taycan Collected 4th New Taycan Today - Ice Grey Turbo w/ Gold Wheels C5551D00-3780-4770-8AF6-3FABE2B20116

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I Saw a local Taycan here last week Reg plate 222D666 😂
Oh, that's the perfect number plate considering my first name! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Omen)

My eyes are drawn to the Roma!

To me the two doors, four seats and a boot – is the perfect combination that I would love to have in the Taycan. In practical day-to-day driving do you find it does feel smaller (shorter) than the Taycan ?

How do you find the infotainment vs the PCM ?

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Even though mine is brand new my22 it still took 9 hours to do the software update but it feels way snappier !

somehow the Taycan feels bigger compared to the Roma even though they very similar size

to be it’s the perfect mix as they are opposites in every way

Brian IRL

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW E30 Cabriolet, VW ID4
Country flag
Lovely! I think the wheels work with it. Good to see another Taycan on the road here!

the lads on north road must roll out the red carpet for you 😄

did you sell your RWD back to them? I was toying with changing my 221 rwd for a GTS but was disappointed with the trade in value so sticking with it for the moment

Last edited: