Color Choice (Frozen Blue or Frozen Berry)

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
Dear All,
I have just put in my order for a 2022 Taycan 4s.
I am torn between the color choice, I like the Frozen Blue more than the Berry, wife adores the Frozen Berry.
So far I have asked the agent to put in the choice as Frozen Blue but please tell me this is the right color.
I mean I don't dislike the Berry but as I am the one to drive around I wonder would this color be a bit to femme for me.
Also I have not had a chance to see the Berry color in real life apart from a color panel in the showroom. But I have seen
the Blue on current cars in real life.
Cheers,
Eric
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Both colors are pretty cool but I think the frozen berry pops a little more. I would go with berry ?

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
Although I went for Mamba Green, Frozen Blue and Berry were on my short list. Both are amazing colours and look very different in different lighting conditions.

The Berry, in person, is amazing. My wife really liked it too! Only problem is that in certain lighting conditions, it looks pink. So whilst I am quite daring with my colour choices..... "pink" would be too much for me.

So out of the 2, I'd go for Frozen Blue.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Honestly, neither (sorry). Have you seen both in the metal and in daylight? Are you concerned about resale - if not take your pick?

I've seen both and Frozen Berry with a blackberry interior - I won't tell you what the dealer said (thinking about future trade-in problems) - but it wasn't a good look at all. Mind you, here in the frozen north the weather is generally grey and so these colours don't look good at all.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I’ll second @Winge, One of my concerns with some of the colors is the stability of the tone in different lighting conditions. I think they look great in certain overcast lighting, but in direct light they kind of tend to go wrong.

At least for me anyway.

Gaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Blue not pink for me personally if it is between these two.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Blue.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
There was a used frozen blue Turbo sold here in Norway for approximately €40000 off. The car was driven shorter than mine but was a 2020 model. I am still wondering if the colour made it change hands slower. I like the frozen blue but after developing changing diapers-PTSD, the colour just screams "baby blue" to me. Same thing with the pink, it's just "baby pink" to me. My four year old would probably love it, though.

At the end of the day, it's your car and your decision. I like the blue but I feel unsure about the pink. Had I never had any children, I might even have gotten the car in that colour myself, who knows?

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I went with the blue on my Turbo, which is due for delivery by this weekend. So, I've only seen the color sample chip like the one in your picture. Here in the sunny high desert, the color looks like aan opalescent silvery blue, and I just know I will love it on my Turbo forever. I know most photos I've seen look oversaturated, and it looks like a pasty solid turquoise, but I never see that when I look at the actual color through my own eyes. I will, of course, try to post some photos that do it justice, as best I can. I don't care about resale, as I plan to keep it. I've only got just over 20 years left on me anyway (high-mileage guy here).

The berry looks more like a solid color, with the metallic sparkle, but not much color variation. So, to me it comes off like a solid pink-purple shade, and it's just too much for me. It really does pop, but I know my dislike for it would grow as I use the car.

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
I personally think the frozen berry looks nicer than frozen blue. Yes, it looks femme for most people. Not to me anyway. I don't judge people sex preference on their color choice.

I would go for the color I like anyway.
If you like the blue then go for the blue. Don't pick something you feel uncomfortable with.