Comfort Access Being Removed During the uPdate?

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
So MacMaster's latest video has just been uploaded. This time he talks about having the latest uPdate installed, and it's removed his keyless entry. However, he doesn't make clear whether he paid for Keyless entry in the first place. Is this a thing that has been happening with the uPdates?

Here's his latest video...

I actually met MacMaster in July, in the UK. We were in discussions to film my new Taycan on a trans-European journey. However, this will not be happening now because his videos are just unwatchable, clickbait, and I don't want to be associated with him. On top of that, he mutes people calling him out in the comments section of his YouTube channel. About a week ago he did another video on his Taycan, and it was just out-and-out false what he was saying, so I made a few comments correcting his lies, until I thought it was odd that I wasn't getting any response. So I looked again at the comments section of that particular video on my wife's account, and my comments were not visible! So I did a bit of digging and it turns out a creator can "mute" people without them knowing. So I was commenting away without anybody being able to see my posts.

How pathetic.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Comfort access still works.
i just need to set to open trunk by “foot move” again.

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
his videos are just unwatchable, clickbait, and I don't want to be associated with him.

How pathetic.
You are right. This video is 13 minutes long and he starts talking about the (clickbite) subject only 7 minutes into it, to take advantage of the youtube monetization algorithm. Then he is worried about EV companies becoming software scammers...

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
So I did a bit of digging and it turns out a creator can "mute" people without them knowing. So I was commenting away without anybody being able to see my posts.
Years ago, I briefly indirectly worked for a social media company in a software engineering capacity. Industry speak for this "feature" is called putting poster/user into "hell realm".

Just sharing a pointless bit of info!

===============================

I don't know anything about that YouTube channel – never came across it – but if that video is suggesting anything about the Taycan is "biggest scam in EV history" – I too won't be watching it.

There is plenty to complain about with the Taycan but it is a very sincere EV effort by Porsche – it is not the biggest scam in history.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So MacMaster's latest video has just been uploaded. This time he talks about having the latest uPdate installed, and it's removed his keyless entry. However, he doesn't make clear whether he paid for Keyless entry in the first place. Is this a thing that has been happening with the uPdates?

Here's his latest video...

I actually met MacMaster in July, in the UK. We were in discussions to film my new Taycan on a trans-European journey. However, this will not be happening now because his videos are just unwatchable, clickbait, and I don't want to be associated with him. On top of that, he mutes people calling him out in the comments section of his YouTube channel. About a week ago he did another video on his Taycan, and it was just out-and-out false what he was saying, so I made a few comments correcting his lies, until I thought it was odd that I wasn't getting any response. So I looked again at the comments section of that particular video on my wife's account, and my comments were not visible! So I did a bit of digging and it turns out a creator can "mute" people without them knowing. So I was commenting away without anybody being able to see my posts.

How pathetic.
100% hogwash. Period.

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I did not even had the patience to view the all video. I have no idea what the issue is.

Reactions: B61

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I wont be watching it.
I don't watch any of the over dramatised, click bait, wannabe tv presenters on YT.

The attention grabbing preview pictures are the giveaway.

Its just the 2020s version of garbage newspaper headlines from years gone by......with the same lack of actual content inside.

Porsche Taycan Comfort Access Being Removed During the uPdate? Bizm3UzIQAAPJ4g.jpg_large

Last edited:

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
I did not order Comfort Access on my Dec 2020 4S, but it appeared just for the doors about 2 months ago, I assume after an OTA update.
Has now disappeared.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
It's available as a FOD. In fact it's the only thing offered to me on FOD. Wrong price too...

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
If I see capitals, bright colored statements and a lot exclamation marks I don't even bother to watch.

Reactions: B61

GreenHornet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4 Mamba Green
Country flag
He didn't purchase comfort access in the first place, it came with the car by fault. So, when they did the uPdate it got removed. I would say that the Porsche dealer handled that nicely and say they would pay 50%. He is just an annoying character and has created his own little echo chamber in the comments on that video. All critical comments are removed.

He, like everyone else, have to pay for features they didn't purchase initially even if it was in there by fault.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I did not order Comfort Access on my Dec 2020 4S, but it appeared just for the doors about 2 months ago, I assume after an OTA update.
Has now disappeared.
That's how "the biggest EV scam in history" works, apparently.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dee