Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I’ve never been very successful at the comfort access on the hood.

But I also really haven’t had to use it either, so I wasn’t worried about it.

But then I saw a video on Facebook from @Dee showing how he does it, and he was swiping much lower than I was.

So then I tried it at home…and it worked!

The I checked GTK, and sure enough, that’s where it shows to do it.

Porsche Taycan Comfort access hood opening…nailed it. B70E19B3-FFD9-4059-8FC5-9C486DF7C450
Boy did I feel silly.

So I started looking at it more and apparently I don’t even need to swipe. Just put my hand where the yellow mark is. Works every time now.
Sponsored

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I've been having a lot more success with the hood access feature lately. I start over the bumper cover about 8 inches to the left and below the crest and let the knuckles of my open hand brush the cover gently, moving not-too-quickly left to right. Works pretty much every time.

Referring to the video above my move also crosses the sweet spot which appears to be the area of the bumper cover just below the crest.

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've been having a lot more success with the hood access feature lately. I start over the bumper cover about 8 inches to the left and below the crest and let the knuckles of my open hand brush the cover gently, moving not-too-quickly left to right. Works pretty much every time.

Referring to the video above my move also crosses the sweet spot which appears to be the area of the bumper cover just below the crest.
Yeah, swiping that way works for me also, I just found that it wasn’t necessary.

ujjtaycan4s

First Name
Ujj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thank you Jhenson29 for pointing out the future of comfort access on the frunk. Did not know that I even had it. But I have a separate question, if you look at the image, it seems to suggest that you can open the rear trunk while you're in the driver's seat and close it too. My closing never seems to work

Porsche Taycan Comfort access hood opening…nailed it. 20211015_164657~2

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My closing never seems to work
Did you hold the button or just press it? I think you have to hold the button while it closes if you’re doing it from the screen.

Porsche Taycan Comfort access hood opening…nailed it. B4A7C13F-AA9F-47BD-8E57-969DB30BA5BC

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve never been very successful at the comfort access on the hood.

But I also really haven’t had to use it either, so I wasn’t worried about it.

But then I saw a video on Facebook from @Dee showing how he does it, and he was swiping much lower than I was.

So then I tried it at home…and it worked!

The I checked GTK, and sure enough, that’s where it shows to do it.

B70E19B3-FFD9-4059-8FC5-9C486DF7C450.jpeg
Boy did I feel silly.

So I started looking at it more and apparently I don’t even need to swipe. Just put my hand where the yellow mark is. Works every time now.
Have you tried this while it is raining? We got it to work once when I picked up my car but it would not work after that. It was a rainy day, so not sure if it was causing the issue. Can't test because the car is getting ceramic and wrapped

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you tried this while it is raining? We got it to work once when I picked up my car but it would not work after that. It was a rainy day, so not sure if it was causing the issue. Can't test because the car is getting ceramic and wrapped
I haven’t tried while raining. Really, I barely use it. It’s more convenient to put things in the trunk. But, the times I have it’s always worked (since I started doing it the way I show).

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
I haven’t tried while raining. Really, I barely use it. It’s more convenient to put things in the trunk. But, the times I have it’s always worked (since I started doing it the way I show).
Is there a trick for the trunk too? I can barely get that to work.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got it to work 1 in 2. Stand directly behind the logo and kick with your right leg, apparently the trick is to move your leg back quickly.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Its really (REALLY) good at opening when im washing it :p

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As @philbur points out, washing the car is a good way to open it.

In all seriousness though, there’s a technique with the kick for opening it.
There’s a video tutorial below:

Okay… for real for real this time …I don’t use it. It worked somewhat for me, but… I felt silly kicking at it, whether it worked or not, so I stopped. I have no real need for it. I just push the button on the back.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I seem to be having the opposite problem with my hood’s comfort access. Every time I walk around the front of the vehicle it seems to open the hood. Like when I unplug from a public charger and then get back in the car. All of a sudden I get in and the hood is open. If it’s not comfort access then the hood is just opening in its own.

I tried to disable it but it seems you can only do it if you disable all of comfort access.
Sponsored