Comfort access hood opening…nailed it.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve never been very successful at the comfort access on the hood.

But I also really haven’t had to use it either, so I wasn’t worried about it.

But then I saw a video on Facebook from @Dee showing how he does it, and he was swiping much lower than I was.

So then I tried it at home…and it worked!

The I checked GTK, and sure enough, that’s where it shows to do it.

B70E19B3-FFD9-4059-8FC5-9C486DF7C450.jpeg
Boy did I feel silly.

So I started looking at it more and apparently I don’t even need to swipe. Just put my hand where the yellow mark is. Works every time now.
Advertisement

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I've been having a lot more success with the hood access feature lately. I start over the bumper cover about 8 inches to the left and below the crest and let the knuckles of my open hand brush the cover gently, moving not-too-quickly left to right. Works pretty much every time.

Referring to the video above my move also crosses the sweet spot which appears to be the area of the bumper cover just below the crest.

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've been having a lot more success with the hood access feature lately. I start over the bumper cover about 8 inches to the left and below the crest and let the knuckles of my open hand brush the cover gently, moving not-too-quickly left to right. Works pretty much every time.

Referring to the video above my move also crosses the sweet spot which appears to be the area of the bumper cover just below the crest.
Yeah, swiping that way works for me also, I just found that it wasn’t necessary.

ujjtaycan4s

First Name
Ujj
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thank you Jhenson29 for pointing out the future of comfort access on the frunk. Did not know that I even had it. But I have a separate question, if you look at the image, it seems to suggest that you can open the rear trunk while you're in the driver's seat and close it too. My closing never seems to work

20211015_164657~2.jpg

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My closing never seems to work
Did you hold the button or just press it? I think you have to hold the button while it closes if you’re doing it from the screen.

B4A7C13F-AA9F-47BD-8E57-969DB30BA5BC.jpeg

Advertisement

ZYRUS
Advertisement