chuckster

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 21 4s , Cayenne, Cayenne Diesel, MB 350
Country flag
Just picked up new 4s, can't seem to get the comfort access (seats and steering wheel to retract) to work. Box is checked in PCM. Unchecked and rechecked turned car off, used key to lock and unlock, etc. Still no joy. Am I missing something??
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Sounds like you're doing everything right. For example, when I put the car into park and open the drivers door, the wheel/seat retractions happen. This is regardless if I hold the on/off button or not. I tend to just leave the car turn itself off on locking.

Sounds like something isn't right with yours.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have you checked all PCM options as there is more than one?

Does your key flash as you near the vehicle (< 2m)?

OP
OP
chuckster

chuckster

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Adrian for your reply. Yes the key flashes as I approach. Where else on the PCM should I look? Ive checked the box in the vehicle>comfort setting>comfort access. I must be missing the additional step??
Chuck

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Thanks Adrian for your reply. Yes the key flashes as I approach. Where else on the PCM should I look? Ive checked the box in the vehicle>comfort setting>comfort access. I must be missing the additional step??
Chuck
Every once in a while something similar happens with my wife's e-tron and the seating position won't move to my saved settings nor will the comfort feature work. It seems that the car isn't reacting properly to my key. If I lock and then unlock the car with my fob it seems to sync the fob again and everything works properly.

I know this is somewhat different than what you're experiencing and, of course, it's a different make of vehicle but it seems like you've done everything else correctly so it might be worth a try if you haven't done it already.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Chuck
There is an "extended comfort access" option which enables opening of all doors and trunk - is this also checked?

Do your door handles / handle extend on approach?

Have you completed your Porsche Connect ID setup and logged into the car via PCM (this is a one time task). Comfort settings are stored with your Porsche Connect ID. If you are relying on the Guest account then likely the comfort features are disabled.

From the Porsche Good To Know app:

Porsche Taycan Comfort access not working Screenshot_20210222-085425_Porsche Good to know

Last edited:

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Sounds like Comfort Access (keyless lock/unlock) is getting confused with Comfort Entry (seats/steering wheel move for easier access) in parts of this thread.
@chuckster can you confirm you've found (and set) a PCM option for Comfort Entry? I can go and take a look at mine at some point.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sounds like Comfort Access (keyless lock/unlock) is getting confused with Comfort Entry (seats/steering wheel move for easier access) in parts of this thread.
@chuckster can you confirm you've found (and set) a PCM option for Comfort Entry? I can go and take a look at mine at some point.
Yes I have all the settings needed and works perfectly - entry and comfort.

OP
OP
chuckster

chuckster

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks to all for the help. I have checked that all of the boxes are checked on both the Comfort entry and comfort access and still not working. BUT Winge may have found the underlying issue. The sales people at my dealership were unable to release the car from their inventory to my ownership due to a server problem at Porsche (right). So if I go to My Porsche account the car is still showing up under the "Track my Dream" and not as a car owned by me. So I believe that even though I have logged in on the PCM with my credentials I am probably being seen as a guest. If I try to manually add the car to My Porsche account it requires proof of title which of course I don't have yet. Hopefully this will be resolved today assuming the server issue has been fixed and the sales people DO THEIR JOBS!!! We are all so lucky to have this forum, since the dealers are clueless and untrained. The apps and Technology have passed them by. HEY PORSCHE are you listening?

OP
OP
chuckster

chuckster

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: Apparently the transfer of ownership went thru late Saturday. However it is still not showing up in MY PORSCHE account as owned, only as on the way from the "track my dream" thread. An "expert" from Atlanta is now involved and I have tried a number of log in, deletes, etc. The experts confirms the vehicle is in demo mode and my log in shows me as the secondary user. Looks like track my dream may be the issue? As the secondary user I am unable to get the comfort access , Apple Music, and downloads to work. Only thing that's saving me, driving the car is pure magic. Staying positive.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Update: Apparently the transfer of ownership went thru late Saturday. However it is still not showing up in MY PORSCHE account as owned, only as on the way from the "track my dream" thread. An "expert" from Atlanta is now involved and I have tried a number of log in, deletes, etc. The experts confirms the vehicle is in demo mode and my log in shows me as the secondary user. Looks like track my dream may be the issue? As the secondary user I am unable to get the comfort access , Apple Music, and downloads to work. Only thing that's saving me, driving the car is pure magic. Staying positive.
You should get activation emails informing you of progress. Note I waited 8 days for all services to be activated from a pending state.

OP
OP
chuckster

chuckster

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Final update. My Porsche account finally updated with new Taycan and Track My Dream erased. Deleted account from PCM and reentered with updated information. Everything appears to be working at last. Thanks to all for your input.

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
With the comfort access set on mine only the seat moves back when departing the car. The wheel does not move at all. I have a service appointment on September 1st to check it out. Will let you know if they can resolve the issue.
Sponsored