Comfort access

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve been looking at the manual in the good to know app. It talks about “comfort access” - an option that has door auto open, close, etc. It talks about it as if it’s an option, but it isn’t listed as an option in the configurator. Is it an option? I’m inclined to think all cars have it, but the manual described it as if it’s an option.
Sponsored

brae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 718 GT4
Country flag
In the US online configurator for the 4S, it's listed in standard equipment under the "Comfort and Assistance Systems" section.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
In the US online configurator for the 4S, it's listed in standard equipment under the "Comfort and Assistance Systems" section.
Yup, just as you said.
Porsche Taycan Comfort access 1582255155910

I think of this as key-less entry. I never have to take my FOB out of my pocket. A great feature.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yep, you’re right. I see it now. I didn’t know how to get that list of standard equipment. Thanks.

How about having it automatically lock when you leave the car? I don’t believe it has that. That’s a cool Tesla feature. You don’t have to deal with starting and turning off the car at all. You just get in and drive, and when you arrive at your destination you get out and walk away without touching a thing.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
How about having it automatically lock when you leave the car?
I don't believe so. Maybe it's something then can make an option during a future software update. The ability to lock the car by touching the door handle is very useful and works well.

I, too, love this option on my Tesla. It is a simple thing which has a huge impact for me.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Agreed. I have the same door handle touch feature on my BMW, which I believe is also called comfort access. But Tesla is better. You just don’t have the concept of locking/unlocking and starting/turning-off the car. With the technology available, there’s no reason to have to think of that anymore.

KerbMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
?
Country flag
Yep, you’re right. I see it now. I didn’t know how to get that list of standard equipment. Thanks.

How about having it automatically lock when you leave the car? I don’t believe it has that. That’s a cool Tesla feature. You don’t have to deal with starting and turning off the car at all. You just get in and drive, and when you arrive at your destination you get out and walk away without touching a thing.
I had a 2006 Toyota with comfort access and you could walk up to the car, pull the (now unlocked) handle, get in press start and go. When finished you'd press the stop button, get out the car, shut the door and walk away. about 10 feet away you'd hear a "clunk" as the car locked.
Not everything cool was invented by tesla.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
It’s an £800 option in the UK
I’ve been told by my dealer
It’s something that can be added a later date using the Porsche app
Also having it can make your insurance more expensive !

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had a 2006 Toyota with comfort access and you could walk up to the car, pull the (now unlocked) handle, get in press start and go. When finished you'd press the stop button, get out the car, shut the door and walk away. about 10 feet away you'd hear a "clunk" as the car locked.
Not everything cool was invented by tesla.
The difference with the Tesla is that you wouldn’t have to press the start or stop button. I’m no Tesla fanboy, but I think that’s cool.

KerbMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
?
Country flag
The difference with the Tesla is that you wouldn’t have to press the start or stop button. I’m no Tesla fanboy, but I think that’s cool.
Not sure I like that. TBH it's like electronic handbrakes... it's a problem that didn't need fixing.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It's half-way like that, you don't have to push the start button, because if you put it in Drive, it'll automatically start. The "hold start button to turn off" wouldn't be my first choice though. I don't care about the automatic locking thing (as I want to hear it lock, and touching the door is habit now), but couldn't a simple button press turn off the car? :p

brae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 718 GT4
Country flag
It’s an £800 option in the UK
I’ve been told by my dealer
It’s something that can be added a later date using the Porsche app
Also having it can make your insurance more expensive !
That's pretty weird - not that it's an option, but that it can be added later via software. If your dealer is right, then the proximity sensors are already installed in the car, just disabled till you pay for the option and they are software-enabled. Seems like kind of a rip-off if Porsche already installed the expensive hardware bits.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I’m told that comfort access and power steering + will both be options on Porsche connect

not sure if they will be outright purchases or rentals for a fixed term ie a month or year
I would expect sport sound and a few others will also be available too

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has anyone had any confirmation from the Porsche dealerships when the Porsche connect app will have the download option as available? Ie comfort access, sport sound and power steering +

I’m intrigued to know what the costs will be for these options