Comfort for Tall Driver

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anyone who is very tall (6’6” or taller) driven the vehicle? I have seen several reviews by people over 6’ say they were comfortable driving, but nobody quite that tall. Thanks.
Sponsored

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
In the driving seat, I imagine it wouldn't be too bad.

I don't think it would be very comfortable for a rear seat passenger - barely doable, but uncomfortable for long journeys

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
For the driver it should be quite fine. I'm 6'4 and I've sat in all the seats, plenty of space for the driver so I'd expect it to be fine for a 6'6. As for sitting at the back, it's just enough (barely) for me with the glass roof. I'd expect a 6'6 person to be uncomfortable at the back.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
At 6'4" in the back, I assume the front seat is pushed up pretty far...

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At 6'4" in the back, I assume the front seat is pushed up pretty far...
No. I first sat in the driver seat, set it up correctly for me, then sat behind it at the back. It was ok! Knees did not touch the seat and just enough headroom. Only with the glass roof though, head hits the roof with the regular roof. About 2cm difference.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There's no way in the world a 6'4" person is going to fit in the back with anything but a really short driver. I'm 6'0" and with the front seat set for me, I couldn't get my feet into the back, let alone my knees.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
I am 6.1 and no problem with the legs, but the head was a problem in back. Only tried with the solar roof!

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
People are built differently even if they are equally tall. There is not that much space so it will depend on how you're built. Only way to know for sure is to test it yourself but I know for sure it is *possible* for a 6'4 driver & passenger to fit back to back. Not guaranteed.

Not that this is much of a problem anyway in real life at least with the legs. The tall backseat passenger will not be sitting behind the driver, but behind the front passenger. Only a real issue if all of your friends and relatives are really tall :)

The roof can be a problem yes, depending on how you're built and how good your posture is. It's not like I had any extra headspace at the back even with the glass roof. It was just enough and likely not too comfortable long distance.

But as for the driver seat, I'm certain it will be fine even if you're 6'6.

OP
OP
Td78

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
People are built differently even if they are equally tall. There is not that much space so it will depend on how you're built. Only way to know for sure is to test it yourself but I know for sure it is *possible* for a 6'4 driver & passenger to fit back to back. Not guaranteed.
But as for the driver seat, I'm certain it will be fine even if you're 6'6.
An update for anyone else who was worried about this same issue. My dealer knows I have been worried about this and was very nice to call as soon as the demo car arrived. As a result, I was lucky enough to drive a Turbo S today, and wow...but that is another thread.

At 6’6” and an average proportion of arms and legs, I had plenty of legroom and headroom when the seat was all the way back. My dealer pointed out that I could have dropped the seat another inch. These were sport seats, and were incredibly comfortable. My long legs were supported, and the steering wheel and controls were within a comfortable reach (which isn’t always the case in some vehicles).

A 6’ passenger was behind. He was comfortable, but didn’t have much room to move. We did have to move the seat forward to allow him to get his feet out of the foot garages when our drive was over.

I expected to start sleeping better after knowing this vehicle would be comfortable to drive. But that won’t be the case because now I’m just more excited for my 4S to arrive.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I am 1,89m and had no problems at all in the front seats. In the rear seats, I did not hit the panorama roof, but it was close. But hey, I don't drive in the rear seat, hehe...

Cheers,
Henrik
Sponsored