Comfort Seats or Adaptive Sports seats - Which is better?

sanjivsai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Smart Eq ForFour
Country flag
Hi All,
I am looking to configure my Taycan (this will be my 1st ever Porsche) and cannot decide between
Comfort Seats or Adaptive Sports seats?
Pros & Cons would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Sanjivsai
Sponsored

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi All,
I am looking to configure my Taycan (this will be my 1st ever Porsche) and cannot decide between

Many thanks
Sanjivsai
If you have a bad back I would go with comfort seats.. The sports are harder..

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you have a bad back I would go with comfort seats.. The sports are harder..
the sports seats are snug. If you want a high performance EV sedan in line with something like the panamera or model S, then I’d recommend the comfort seats. If you want to feel like you’re driving a 911, then maybe consider the sport seats.

btw, your local dealer should be able to let you try both seats out in existing models.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
Hi All,

Many thanks
Sanjivsai
I chose comfort because it is easier to get in and out of the car. Sports look a little cooler but very stiff and tighter on the body.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When I ordered the Macan, I went and sat in the 8-way, 14-way. and 18-way seats. The 18-way were a clear winner for me. The only way you're going to know which one you like best is to go sit in 14-way and 18-way seats in other cars on the lot.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
This is something I was/am still choosing between but things to note
The seats in the Taycan are unique and not the same as any other Porsche model (so I’ve been advised by 3 different dealers) obviously testing the panamera seats will give you an idea on the differences between the sports and comfort

if you want the massage seats you have to get the comfort ones!

I think I want the sports seats but also think I want the massage function my build is a couple of weeks from freeze point so I keep changing my mind on some options!

if your of larger build the sports seats could be more of an issue

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The seats in the Taycan are unique and not the same as any other Porsche model (so I’ve been advised by 3 different dealers) obviously testing the panamera seats will give you an idea on the differences between the sports and comfort

I think I want the sports seats but also think I want the massage function my build is a couple of weeks from freeze point so I keep changing my mind on some options!

For what it's worth, I would drive a car with massage before choosing the option. It drove me nuts - completely distracted me from driving and feeling what the car was doing, so for me, I would never order. I'm sure some will feel otherwise, but you should definitely try it out beforehand.

brae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 718 GT4
Country flag
It's super subjective, I'd echo others and try to check them out at a dealer if you can. There are lots of people online who say the 14-ways are more comfortable, and lots of others who say the 18-ways are more comfortable. Depending on your body type the 18-ways may be too snug, as well.

The type of driving you anticipate doing might affect your choice too. If you plan to do long highway trips, the massage function is attractive, but if you're mostly driving around down or on twisty roads, you might not use it that often.

FWIW, I have 14-ways on my 911 (bought CPO, so I didn't configure it that way) and I've always found them comfortable, even for longer trips. That said, after spending some time at my dealer trying out the 18-ways, I've chosen them for my Taycan order.

Really your best choice IMO is to go sit in each for a few minutes (and try the massage function if your dealer has any cars with it) and get a sense of which is better for you. Since the seats are such an important part of your driving experience you really want to find what works for you rather than get internet opinions.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I’m driving a Bentley Continental with them at the moment and I love them, I assume the Porsche ones won’t be much different due to having the same parent company

I’ve added ventilated seats as they are a must for me

Last edited:

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag

Anyone have thoughts on the massage seats as I had 14 way on my 911 and couldn't order massage back in 2012. Thoughts on having them on the Taycan?

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone have thoughts on the massage seats as I had 14 way on my 911 and couldn't order massage back in 2012. Thoughts on having them on the Taycan?
I passed because
  1. I don't think they are necessary, for me, in this car.
  2. I have them in my truck and rarely use it.
  3. I want the 18-way seats and it's only available with 14-way.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Hi All,

Many thanks
Sanjivsai
I chose the sports seats because after 20 years of hockey and landscaping my back is already a disaster :)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
For me, it feels like somebody is constantly poking me in the back while I'm driving. Very distracting. Definitely drive a car with massage seat before you decide.
Sponsored