OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey GTS, BMW X5 4.0i M Sport,
Country flag
Well, my GTS order is in and I've just been told the lead time is 18 months..... 😭
Sponsored

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Well, my GTS order is in and I've just been told the lead time is 18 months..... 😭
I ordered in January 2022. Initially i was advised July/August, then October, then Jan 2023. Today they are saying ill be lucky to see it before this time next year.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I ordered in January 2022. Initially i was advised July/August, then October, then Jan 2023. Today they are saying ill be lucky to see it before this time next year.
I'm currently looking at buying an interim company car (has to be brand new for tax reasons) where even if my Taycan was somehow delivered by December, it would still be cheaper than hiring something through ONTO or similar with depreciation factored in. I also get more choice and am not limited in how many miles I can drive.

Considering a Cupra Born, which looks good fun, Hyundai Ioniq 5, or possibly the base BMW IX4 M Sport. I'm trying to keep budget sub £50k or depreciation will become a bigger total sum. That rules out the BMW unless I stretch, though for £5-15k less, I can get the top model with the first two cars.

Was also considering a Model 3, but I just have no love for it, and the insurance is double all three of the above cars for some bizarre reason.

Bit of a bittersweet predicament, but then I'm not alone in the interim car problem as I wait X months for my Taycan. The gamble is either renting something and crystallising my "losses", or buying something that ultimately costs less over the same time period + I can do what I want with the car. it's difficult to judge, but then the worst of recession won't pinch until middle of next year I suspect.

OP
OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey GTS, BMW X5 4.0i M Sport,
Country flag
So plenty of time to change your spec 😉 and potentially get a face-lift MY25 so all good I'd say.
It took me ages to settle on my spec - I'm worried I'll go mad with all the tweaks over the next 18 months!

Knowing my luck, I'll get the model year before a facelift, range doubling etc

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It took me ages to settle on my spec - I'm worried I'll go mad with all the tweaks over the next 18 months!

Knowing my luck, I'll get the model year before a facelift, range doubling etc
Once you're in the system you can hedge and slip your allocation monthly to marry up with the latest once its clear what changes are expected when. Not perfect but affords a little flex and control from your side.
Sponsored