gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
5 months is excellent..
What model by the way?
I think a GTS in 5 months with Putin in Ukraine might be a stretch!
Octopus are a sound company
They are my energy supplier
They only do salary sacrifice company cars so couldn’t help me and my Ltd Co buy a Taycan otherwise I would use them!
Yes salary sacrifice. It's brilliant. Instead of paying 10k extra in tax it pays for half the lease. They only had 6 December RWD builds when I signed in August 21. Tbh I would have got an RWD even if they had 4S. It's amazing and drives like it's on rails.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey GTS, BMW X5 4.0i M Sport,
Country flag
Yes salary sacrifice. It's brilliant. Instead of paying 10k extra in tax it pays for half the lease
It is a brilliant scheme. For PNAW57W5 over 3 years/10k pa they quoted me £945 net salary deduction - that's with no deposit, fully maintained, free home charger installation, insured, taxed and to top it off, 5K miles free public charging!

All in that's less than my vastly inferior X5, so I don't even have to use my man maths to justify ordering!

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is a brilliant scheme. For PNAW57W5 over 3 years/10k pa they quoted me £945 net salary deduction - that's with no deposit, fully maintained, free home charger installation, insured, taxed and to top it off, 5K miles free public charging!

All in that's less than my vastly inferior X5, so I don't even have to use my man maths to justify ordering!
Yeh. When I looked into it I was “where’s the catch?”. Did the maths and concluded I could get a 100k Taycan for the overall running cost of my 50k BMW series 3 muscle. I didn’t even test drive one. I just said “where do I sign?”. I had no idea what I was getting.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
For me, I’d ditch passenger display and electric port to fund the rear wheel steer and power steering plus.

OP
OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For me, I’d ditch passenger display and electric port to fund the rear wheel steer and power steering plus.
I'm starting to come around to this - simarlarly to the surround camera, this might be an option to stop any potential embarrassment from ppl thinking I can't drive! Seriously though, the turn into my drive at home can be hard at times as my neighbour doesn't always park in a considerate manner, and I do park in tight train station car parks a lot.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I'm starting to come around to this - simarlarly to the surround camera, this might be an option to stop any potential embarrassment from ppl thinking I can't drive! Seriously though, the turn into my drive at home can be hard at times as my neighbour doesn't always park in a considerate manner, and I do park in tight train station car parks a lot.
I think of it this way:
The Electric charger doors and the passenger display are cool - you’ll impress friends and smile to yourself when you use them. However if they weren’t actually an option , you’d not feel shortchanged or miss them in day-to-day use.

Conversely, the rear wheel steer is something that you can’t see and generally works unobtrusively, so in day-to-day driving you probably dont think about It. However, if it suddenly stopped working on your car, you’d probably notice a change and realise how much it was actually making a difference, so you’d miss it and want to get it fixed!

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Very polite there about you neighbour,
my new neighbour the same but I want to use much fruitier language.

Binson, I have a solution to passenger screen conundrum......
Your can tell your lad persuading you to get the extra screen that you feel he is now old enough
to help with the 'proper' controls, ie. the CENTRAL screen!
For the UK, in RHD vehicles, passengers can use the central screen with the R hand which
is probably the dominant hand.
It is much easier for a right handed passenger to use the central screens with a gentle slope
and the convenient elbow rest of centre console!
The ergonomics are far superior to trying to use a vertically upright screen with an unsupported arm/hand.
Also if he dicks about too much you can easily waft his hand away and of course you keep your custom set up binnacle screens completely to yourself!

The passenger screen is redundant, possible even more redundant in right hand drive cars - (?)
A software upgrade so front seat passenger could watch TV without distracting driver might be worthwhile but no sign of this....

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I park at the station regularly. You need to park on the passenger side white line to give you room to get in and out driver side. So you need to find a spot where the car to the left has the passenger side next to you. Otherwise you'll leave them no room to get in the driver's side and they will quite rightly destroy your passenger door out of spite. I use surround view every day getting in and out of a train car park. The biggest ball ache is where a long car or badly parked car juts out the side you are turning out of the bay and there are cars opposite equally badly parked. Surround view is your friend.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks. My typical use case in my X5 is to use if for navigation while the main screen is playing media, but I think having the passenger display will mean I can keep the nav on the main screen. Plus, I think you get some nav info on the dashboard behind the wheel?
The main driver display / cockpit screen can be a full width map or sat between two other displays. HUD and Passenger Display are of questionable and limited value IMHO.

OP
OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Binson, I have a solution to passenger screen conundrum......
Your can tell your lad persuading you to get the extra screen that you feel he is now old enough
to help with the 'proper' controls, ie. the CENTRAL screen!
I tried that tactic last night.... he said that if I don't get the screen he will not get in the car and will make my life hell!

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I tried that tactic last night.... he said that if I don't get the screen he will not get in the car and will make my life hell!
Good luck my friend!

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
I’m about to order a taycan on SS. Was looking at a 4s, test drove one Saturday but I felt I needed a bit more speed! So I called tusker today and a gts is only £80 more a month so I’m test driving one Saturday!

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m about to order a taycan on SS. Was looking at a 4s, test drove one Saturday but I felt I needed a bit more speed! So I called tusker today and a gts is only £80 more a month so I’m test driving one Saturday!
3.7 vs 4 secs. You going to notice that? They are big heavy cars. Sounds like you need a Turbo.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Tell him you agree that walking is much underrated and that you are proud of him for getting more exercise.
Sponsored