Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
3.7 vs 4 secs. You going to notice that? They are big heavy cars. Sounds like you need a Turbo.
I’m not sure I can justify the turbo as it’s £300 a month more. But from reviews on YouTube people are saying it feels noticeably faster than the 4s and feels sharper. Remove before did a good review comparing them he also did 0-60 in something like 3.5
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’m not sure I can justify the turbo as it’s £300 a month more. But from reviews on YouTube people are saying it feels noticeably faster than the 4s and feels sharper. Remove before did a good review comparing them he also did 0-60 in something like 3.5
It will certainly be quicker given the extra HP on offer BUT unless a 4S with the same spec as a Turbo are compared then 'sharpness' and other facets are difficult to accurately discern without becoming subjective.

A 4S in the right hands with PTV+, PDCC, RAS, same wheels and tyres and PSCB brakes will handle almost identically to an identically spec'd Turbo IMHO.

Drive them yourself and absolutely don't rely on reviews - they make many errors in their statements made on videos.

If money isn't a barrier then a Turbo would be the obvious choice but as the Turbo badge now sits awkwardly on an EV I think the GTS is were to aim for a £/$ vs performance shootout (same motors as the Turbo but just software limited).

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Remove before did a good review comparing them he also did 0-60 in something like 3.5
He did something like 3.47 on his 4S CT. I think like others have said if you really want a decent bump in 0-60 over the 4S you’ll need to jump up to the Turbo. GTS will get you many things but IMHO the 0-60 times will not be something you’ll notice.

OP
OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey GTS, BMW X5 4.0i M Sport,
Country flag
I’m about to order a taycan on SS. Was looking at a 4s, test drove one Saturday but I felt I needed a bit more speed! So I called tusker today and a gts is only £80 more a month so I’m test driving one Saturday!
Are you comparing like with like? With Octopus GTS's are slightly cheaper than 4S's - even when the GTS has a slightly higher OTR e.g. £116K GTS Vs £114K 4S gave me a lower monthly cost for the GTS

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
Are you comparing like with like? With Octopus GTS's are slightly cheaper than 4S's - even when the GTS has a slightly higher OTR e.g. £116K GTS Vs £114K 4S gave me a lower monthly cost for the GTS
Oh really, that’s off that it’s cheaper? So my 4s with options I wanted came to around 99k, the gts with a few of the options was 110 ish

OP
OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh really, that’s off that it’s cheaper? So my 4s with options I wanted came to around 99k, the gts with a few of the options was 110 ish
The residuals are better with the GTS - probably because it's scarcer.

£80/mth more for 10k of options sounds about right - if your 4S was a few £k higher e.g. £103K+ it would cost more than £110K GTS.

Tomsk

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm going to place my GTS order this week after doing an amazing test drive yesterday - https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/ice-grey-taycan-club.2823/page-21#post-155841

Can I get some comments on my current build please:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP52ZW18 (edit: added B-pillars and rear axle steering, ditched charging cover)

I'm trying to be "sensible" cost-wise with the build and only speccing things I think I'll need i.e. trying to stay away from all the internal options that I won't even remember about, unless I get in someone else's Taycan and they have it, which is unlikely.

I also have stayed away from all the performance options as again it was an amazing car to drive in standard performance spec, and again I won't know the difference unless I drive someone else's - unlikely.

I liked the Race-Tex as it made a pleasant change from a leather interior, but I'm worried about maintenance - should I switch to leather with 2 kids (9&12) frequently in the car eating snacks etc? Will my local hand car wash know how to clean race-tex properly? Will I have to do some cleaning myself each week e.g. the steering wheel?

One option I'm dithering over is the HUD as I used it more on my test drive than I expected, but I think that might have been because I wasn't used to the Taycan screens, so I relied on it more during the test drive than I would as an owner who is familiar with the other screens. Plus, I will be using Android Auto a lot which I think reduces the amount of info available through the HUD (this is the case on my X5).

It's a company car purchase so resale value isn't very important, however for desirous options this does mean that they don't add a lot of cost to my monthly bill.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tomsk

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm going to place my GTS order this week after doing an amazing test drive yesterday - https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/ice-grey-taycan-club.2823/page-21#post-155841

Can I get some comments on my current build please:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP52ZW18 (edit: added B-pillars and rear axle steering, ditched charging cover)

I'm trying to be "sensible" cost-wise with the build and only speccing things I think I'll need i.e. trying to stay away from all the internal options that I won't even remember about, unless I get in someone else's Taycan and they have it, which is unlikely.

I also have stayed away from all the performance options as again it was an amazing car to drive in standard performance spec, and again I won't know the difference unless I drive someone else's - unlikely.

I liked the Race-Tex as it made a pleasant change from a leather interior, but I'm worried about maintenance - should I switch to leather with 2 kids (9&12) frequently in the car eating snacks etc? Will my local hand car wash know how to clean race-tex properly? Will I have to do some cleaning myself each week e.g. the steering wheel?

One option I'm dithering over is the HUD as I used it more on my test drive than I expected, but I think that might have been because I wasn't used to the Taycan screens, so I relied on it more during the test drive than I would as an owner who is familiar with the other screens. Plus, I will be using Android Auto a lot which I think reduces the amount of info available through the HUD (this is the case on my X5).

It's a company car purchase so resale value isn't very important, however for desirous options this does mean that they don't add a lot of cost to my monthly bill.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Looks awesome. You have chosen a lot of similar options to me

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
Drove the gts at the weekend and it definitely felt faster then the 4s so for me it’s 100% worth th extra! Going to order Monday

OP
OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Drove the gts at the weekend and it definitely felt faster then the 4s so for me it’s 100% worth th extra! Going to order Monday

Hopefully you'll find the better residuals on the GTS actually make the car cheaper £ for £ as well.

I got quoted a 64 WEEK leadtime, so I didn't rush to put my order in last week/got distracted with work as I'm going to order for a Sept 23/ 73 Plate.

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
Yeah they said to me oct/nov 😭 is it worth waiting? Or you doing it just for a newer plate?

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
Also are you going for race Rex? I wasn’t sure but I think i will now, it just felt a bit more special I was just worried about the wheel wearing but I’ve seen some YouTube vids and you can clean it easy enough

OP
OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also are you going for race Rex? I wasn’t sure but I think i will now, it just felt a bit more special I was just worried about the wheel wearing but I’ve seen some YouTube vids and you can clean it easy enough
When I asked the dealer about this, he just said it needed a wipe down once a week to avoid build up, when made sense. I quite liked the feel of it and I hate how leather is very cold in the winter and too hot in the summer, so I fancy a change.

OP
OP
Binson

Binson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah they said to me oct/nov 😭 is it worth waiting? Or you doing it just for a newer plate?
It's so close to MY24 I think it's worth waiting e.g. there might be a few useful upgrades. Saying that some year's upgrades are pathetic e.g. I waited until sept for a Cayman once and i think the only upgrade was to the ventilation slats!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It's so close to MY24 I think it's worth waiting e.g. there might be a few useful upgrades. Saying that some year's upgrades are pathetic e.g. I waited until sept for a Cayman once and i think the only upgrade was to the ventilation slats!
MY24 won't surface on the configurator until this time next year for September delivery onwards.
Sponsored