whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
While I impatiently wait for my Taycan to arrive (finally with an updated date pushed back 1 month to Sept from original), am working to compile a list of things I might want to add once it arrives.

• "Clear" EU type sidemarkers
  • BumperPlugs painted rear reflectors OR Tinted rear reflectors
  • Window tint. May not do this since I wanted the metal roof and don't want the car to feel like a cave
  • Lowering Links OR CETE lowering module
  • Spacers AND/OR New Wheels with centercaps. I've already bought a set of new wheels lol.
  • Weathertech floormats
  • DIY Ceramic Coating OR PPF, front or full car. Probably going to stick with just DIY ceramic coating to help swirl protection when handwashing and ease of cleaning since the car will sit in an outside lot during the workweek
  • Aftermarket painted key shell - know that you can get them much cheaper on Amazon/Ebay/alibaba vs. OEM. Anyone know of where I can get a Neptune blue one?
  • Wireless charger pad to put in the passthrough under the lower screen. I'm looking forward to having wireless android auto in the latest PCM, but the OEM wireless charger location seems pretty dumb and particularly hard to reach with how the center console door operates
  • Alcantara B-Pillar Trims. I didn't spec the alcantara headliner - liked it but felt it was hard to justify price given alcantara isn't a particularly expensive material. What bothers me more is the cheap plastic lower b-pillar. Trying to find the replacement part SKU for the Taycan race-tex pillar, and if not I might have an upholstery shop wrap it or even attempt it myself. Someone on Rennlist did it for their 991 https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1247639-alcantara-upgrade-to-a-and-b-pillars.html
Welcome any other thoughts on things I missed / should consider!
Sponsored

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Get the smokers package. You get a nice cup with the Porsche lettering to fill in a cup holder. Or get two if you want to block them both. It's very nice, especially if you drive like me: One hand on the top of the wheel, and leaning on the other that's resting on the center console.

Edit: Oh I should go check if I can rip out the "ashtray" part beneath the lid. Would make for a sick cup to drink from.