OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I ordered the card via the app today. But if you have only signed up to an account – it takes a day or so for them to manually approve the plan you've chosen.

The order card option only shows after you get that approval email.

Why so convoluted – dunno ?
Yes same experience. Never seen that with other apps. Took a day for acceptance. So you can’t activate it on the spot if needed and it took 2 weeks for the card to arrive.
Sponsored

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Great write up; road looks amazing.

just out of curiosity, does your Taycan have rws, and if so did you notice a benefit from it over any previoustrips you’ve done along the same route on non-rws cars?

reason I ask is I am struggling to make my mind up whether to add it before my freeze date
Yes I do have RWS. Last year I did the Susten and Gotthard pass with my X5 45e that also had RWS. Totally different experience in the Taycan. Much lower centre of gravity. I can’t compare if it is the Taycan it self or RWS or both.

I did most hairpins under 50 km/h so the RWS should help. Driving much faster than that is not really possible with bikes and motors. The little stone wall and view straight down also tempered my will to go faster.

Another benefit is in the really tight parkings in Italy and also the small roads around Como. It was easier to maneuver than the X5, both cars are the same size. The turning circle of the Taycan without RWS is smaller than the X5 with RWS. I don’t regret getting RWS. No negative feeling, it is my 3rd car with RWS.

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
RWS is the only option that I regret not having chosen .
I am living in south french alps , small roads corners are not a problem because you cannot drive fast with this wide car , but parking is difficult.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
RWS is the only option that I regret not having chosen .
I am living in south french alps , small roads corners are not a problem because you cannot drive fast with this wide car , but parking is difficult.
Same experience here. The Stelvio is not very wide. The scenery was very nice the driving experience as such was nicer on the Maloja pass. Turns were easier and better road quality.

Reactions: B61

xahhax

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Great road, beautiful scenery!
Did it with the 911 the hairpins are a bit too tight and steep to enjoy real spirited driving (at least to my taste...we have better mountain passes in Switzerland just for driving). Best is to go super early in the morning when the camper vans and other "normal cars" are not monopolizing the road yet and when its only motorbikes and fellow motorheads :)

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
In addition I plan to do the Stelvio next May ... but with my road bike and the car at the hotel ...

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
In addition I plan to do the Stelvio next May ... but with my road bike and the car at the hotel ...
The motor bikes seemed to have lots of fun. Although I almost had one or two on my bonnet. I don’t know if they gamble on the absence of motor sound of the corner being free.

Last edited:

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Great road, beautiful scenery!
Did it with the 911 the hairpins are a bit too tight and steep to enjoy real spirited driving (at least to my taste...we have better mountain passes in Switzerland just for driving). Best is to go super early in the morning when the camper vans and other "normal cars" are not monopolizing the road yet and when its only motorbikes and fellow motorheads :)
That was also my experience I did the Julier and Maloja pas last weekend and especially the Maloja was nicer driving experience as such. The Oberalp pass also had pretty tight corners.
I was actually quite lucky and had long strips of road for my self. Actually a Polo that stopped to let me pass.
I once drove op the Gotthard pass behind a camper, no possibility to take over.

xahhax

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
...the camper van drivers are just obnoxious....just my experience...once I drove at 2AM and was stuck behind one in a French mountain pass....it would have taken no time for him to pull a bit...but no....they are just frustrated drivers (indeed carrying their poo and cutlery behind them) who think it is their duty to make everyone else miserable....I also think they genuinely have no idea how much faster a sports car is vs their vehicle and how much a nuisance they are to everybody...

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Only once? You're doing well!

How anybody can enjoy driving around bringing their poo in a bucket with them is beyond me!
In the past on the Gotthard I was behind 2 Swiss campers but they moved away and stopped for a couple of minutes to let the queu of 20 cars pass. Very nice. And another time a guy pulling a caravan wanted to move from a parking area but I just couldn’t let him
Get in front of me knowing I would stuck behind him until the top.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Only once? You're doing well!

How anybody can enjoy driving around bringing their poo in a bucket with them is beyond me!

💩
It's people whose ambition is to proudly drive those tin cans with ridiculously tiny tires and the said excrement buckets to camp sites and cram within inches of another 1000 campers. that's their definition of freedom and pleasure.

In Italy you can easily overtake them with a Taycan or a sports car pretty much anywhere. In Switzerland more caution is required, also given some nasty unwritten rules (max 2 cars per overtake and at least 2 secs before crossing oncoming traffic)

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Thanks for the link, which I’ve looked at.

Perhaps I am missing something on it however as it just looks like a Taycan coupe reverse parallel parked, or is there more to it that I am missing?
With RAS/RWS, It's much easier to park on a such small place.
Sponsored