Compensation for delivery delay and getting 2022MY Taycan so late in the year?

abhi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
x5
Country flag
Hi
I ordered a 2022 Neptune blue Gts in March . It was produced in July 2022 and initial expected delivery was in august 2022.
But due to supply chain issues , the delivery got delayed until December.
The car is here getting ready for delivery . The only downside is I’m getting a 2022 car so late in the year , and the dealer is only giving $1,000 discount of the msrp.
shouldn’t Porsche compensate for the delay in delivery.
I am not sure should I go ahead and get the car .
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Hi
I ordered a 2022 Neptune blue Gts in March . It was produced in July 2022 and initial expected delivery was in august 2022.
The car is here getting ready for delivery . The only downside is I’m getting a 2022 car so late in the year , and the dealer is only giving $1,000 discount of the msrp.
If you don’t you will make someone else very happy and you go will back on the 1 year waiting list (Porsche and other brands)

Not fair but there is a shortage and they know it.

btw 2-0 🇳🇱 🇺🇸

Pinballplanet

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Panamera ST eHybrid, 1983 928 S - 5 speed
Country flag
Take the car if you want the car 🤷🏼
$1000 is $1000 better than a lot of people, frankly.
I took delivery last week. I got nothing but what I ordered at the price I agreed to back in April, which was msrp. They’re getting 15k above msrp in my neck of the woods now. And the 2023 prices have gone up. I think $1,000 back is pretty nice (unless it’s missing options like bose or electric steering column).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I ordered mine in July 2021, it was finished in July 2022 but just like yours was hit by supply chain issues and I received it 2 days ago.

My dealer gave me a discount on Porsche winter wheels for it.

It was not the dealer’s fault the car was late, if there was anything to complain about it would be somewhat sparse update information from Porsche.

In reality the delay is mainly due to Covid and the war in Ukraine. I am sure Porsche didn’t get a discount on the scarce chips etc., probably the reverse.
I am sure the dealer had to pay in full too.

So logically you are no more disadvantaged than the dealer or Porsche so don’t deserve a discount any more than they do IMO. We would all have liked one though ;)

If you really feel somebody should be obliged to compensate your wait I suggest you write to Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin outlining your dissatisfaction and requesting compensation.

Let us know how it goes. ;)

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Yeah I think there are a lot of us in the same boat. $1k off is probably the best I’ve heard anyone getting actually. My RWD has similar timelines to you, July build delivering in Dec, as well as other people I know.

For me I’d really only heavily push for compensation if I hear of a lot of orders significantly after mine being delivered before me, which I’m not really seeing here. Most people with early 2023 builds are going to be taking delivery in January or after

Last edited:

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
That sucks , no doubt about it. What was the GTS base price 22 vs 23?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi
MY22 & MY23 cars are identical thanks to the uPdate.

Apart from the frustration I think you did well to get some compensation.

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Pretty common and you are lucky to get $1000 off. We had a 2021 delivered in 2022 last year bc of a port hold, it wasn’t Porsche but the ford mache gt. It sucked but we knew reordering would have just delayed even more and then who knows how long that would take. And our taycan was held at the port for over 3 mos, we didn’t get anything off then either. Just happy to pay msrp bc it’s hard to even find an allocation. If you want the car then take the car but trying to reorder seems like you could end up in the same situation. It’s just common with all the chip shortages and transport disruptions.

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
If you want the car, buy it. If not, someone else will be super happy to pick up your cancellation (as other forum member just did on a recent GTS).... I'm pretty sure they'll turn it quickly and the dealer will probably get MSRP or better. You'll be either waiting another year and/or looking for a different car altogether or scouring the used market.

You're getting a decent deal at MSRP (or any money off) - way better than most on here from what I've seen here and Facebook. If you look back a few days, you could be the guy that waited for his car, and last minute the dealer failed the PPI and now is waiting on AC/or heater components that are back ordered.

Da-man

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
328i and Taycan
Country flag
I had gotten a discount when order was placed in March. My car was suppose to arrive in Aug but I finally got the delivered Dec 1st.

I was offered Rubber Matts and happily took them.

dalvidds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just took delivery. Honestly once I saw my Taycan, I didn’t even care that I had waited so long. It is just a thing of beauty. That being said, my finance manager at closing gave me $500 off the windshield coverage and gave me prepaid maintenance (2yrs—which I believe equates to one service) for free without me asking. So all together about $500+$770 (prepaid maintenance cost vs $1200 for the first maintenance).

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
9 months for a GTS is pretty good. In the UK they are currently quoting 2 years if you order now. Take the car. Thank them for the $1000, go out and enjoy!
Sponsored