[Completed] Refinishing all the textured parts, front end for rock chips, then PPF

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Good morning pretty people,

PPF is now being applied to the front fascia. Now is when you can notice the front end lower splitter painted part, that part as all RWD, used to be texture. Now it has paint and will get PPF.

IMG-2579.jpg
IMG-2566.jpg
IMG_2598.jpg
IMG-2572.jpg
Looks great. Curious why you did not paint the textured plastic that comes down from the headlight. I understand why Porsche put the durable textured plastic on the lower valances and rockers due to road debris and would love to have mine pained like you did. Not sure sure why Porsche left them textured. I see them fading in the future.

OP
OP
jenzfc

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
Looks great. Curious why you did not paint the textured plastic that comes down from the headlight. I understand why Porsche put the durable textured plastic on the lower valances and rockers due to road debris and would love to have mine pained like you did. Not sure sure why Porsche left them textured. I see them fading in the future.
Because car is black, if it was another color, I would have. But it needs something different.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Because car is black, if it was another color, I would have. But it needs something different.
Exactly - I’m going to review color options tomorrow at Extreme but basically have decided that I will be trying to mimic the dark grey already there as much better than extending the body color to the floor imo! :)

OP
OP
jenzfc

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PPF has been completed. Looks flawless. Xpel templates are amazing, next step is ceramic coating.

Porsche Taycan [Completed] Refinishing all the textured parts, front end for rock chips, then PPF IMG-2747
Porsche Taycan [Completed] Refinishing all the textured parts, front end for rock chips, then PPF IMG-2746
Porsche Taycan [Completed] Refinishing all the textured parts, front end for rock chips, then PPF IMG-2745
Porsche Taycan [Completed] Refinishing all the textured parts, front end for rock chips, then PPF IMG-2722
Porsche Taycan [Completed] Refinishing all the textured parts, front end for rock chips, then PPF IMG-2708
Porsche Taycan [Completed] Refinishing all the textured parts, front end for rock chips, then PPF IMG-2707
Porsche Taycan [Completed] Refinishing all the textured parts, front end for rock chips, then PPF IMG-2706
Porsche Taycan [Completed] Refinishing all the textured parts, front end for rock chips, then PPF IMG-2704

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I do not, I wish I did. Considering an AM option for air suspesion.
I repainted the front air dam of a car years ago like that...... only to have it flex and crack over almost immediately when it gently rubbed up driveways and speed bumps, even with flex agent in the primer and paint. I find even with the air suspension... trying to keep the front of this car off of them is extremely difficult.
I wonder if this is in part why Porsche makes these plastic. My buddy's new 992 is already torn up from rubbing up driveways, same thing........

OP
OP
jenzfc

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I repainted the front air dam of a car years ago like that...... only to have it flex and crack over almost immediately when it gently rubbed up driveways and speed bumps, even with flex agent in the primer and paint. I find even with the air suspension... trying to keep the front of this car off of them is extremely difficult.
I wonder if this is in part why Porsche makes these plastic. My buddy's new 992 is already torn up from rubbing up driveways, same thing........
I know, but the front end camera helps a lot though!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The car looks amazing! Very nice with the plastic parts painted and a fantastic gloss on your car
Congratulations.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
PPF has been completed. Looks flawless. Xpel templates are amazing, next step is ceramic coating.

IMG-2704.jpg
Man, from this angle it almost looks chromed :)
Great job all round - I'll bet you are itching to get back in!

OP
OP
jenzfc

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Man, from this angle it almost looks chromed :)
Great job all round - I'll bet you are itching to get back in!
Like you have no idea! Ceramic coating is done, now it will go to Porsche for calibrations.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
That is simply a stunning result, I'd never know that it had been repainted. What an amazing job!

OP
OP
jenzfc

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is simply a stunning result, I'd never know that it had been repainted. What an amazing job!
that's the whole, pre-loss condition. Paint texture is perfect. We don't cut corners or anything.