[Completed] Refinishing all the textured parts, front end for rock chips, then PPF

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In 5 to 10 years, a PTS car will be worth way more than any bog stock filmed car, even a Taycan I imagine.
Maybe - could you share some examples with a PTS vs regular car where it was the same otherwise and pulled in way more money? Not out of the question, but I haven't seen an example that would come close to recovering costs.

Compare that to a car that has been protected with PPF vs not (forget the color), the protected car gets the premium in its resell. In other words, youre more likely to get your money back with PPF vs PTS.

The color PPF (like Stek) is something entirely new. Until one has seen it, It tends to get mixed up with wrap. Wrap is thin, has almost zero protective capability, and its finish is like a very low quality paint job. It is not close to comparable to any factory paint, let alone a PTS version.
Sponsored

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Maybe - could you share some examples with a PTS vs regular car where it was the same otherwise and pulled in way more money? Not out of the question, but I haven't seen an example that would come close to recovering costs.

Compare that to a car that has been protected with PPF vs not (forget the color), the protected car gets the premium in its resell. In other words, youre more likely to get your money back with PPF vs PTS.

The color PPF (like Stek) is something entirely new. Until one has seen it, It tends to get mixed up with wrap. Wrap is thin, has almost zero protective capability, and its finish is like a very low quality paint job. It is not close to comparable to any factory paint, let alone a PTS version.

No- filmed would not get premium over PTS car, as on a car with PTS you would still of course have the front end PPF'd. And any small amount of regular oxidization or light scratching can be corrected years later.
Examples aren't really applicable here- PTS has only been available for 6 months. You want me to scour Bring a Trailer past posts looking for previous sales to prove a point?
There is no right answer here...... I'm just speaking from what I've seen of the Porsche market for the past 10 plus years. 5 years from now a wrapped silver Taycan will simply be a bog stock silver Taycan. A PTS car will always be unique as the number of cars in that paint color will be in the tenths of one percent of all those models in the world.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No- filmed would not get premium over PTS car, as on a car with PTS you would still of course have the front end PPF'd. And any small amount of regular oxidization or light scratching can be corrected years later.
Examples aren't really applicable here- PTS has only been available for 6 months. You want me to scour Bring a Trailer past posts looking for previous sales to prove a point?
There is no right answer here...... I'm just speaking from what I've seen of the Porsche market for the past 10 plus years. 5 years from now a wrapped silver Taycan will simply be a bog stock silver Taycan. A PTS car will always be unique as the number of cars in that paint color will be in the tenths of one percent of all those models in the world.
PTS has been available for some time. I had one spec'd on a GT3 back in 2015 so not sure what you are talking about. Sure it's new for the Taycan, but PTS is not new. The 911 market can give you some clues on if it really demands a premium. It's not really telling that story - especially against a car that has opted for a premium color option like Chalk.

I can tell you that it's certainly ONE aspect of the cars value but just as important are the other options and overall shape of the vehicle being sold. In fact, depending on the choice in color, it can detract too.

Acid Green for example (I love it on a GT car), striking but not everyone's cup of tea. Acid Green as a wrap easy to remove and once removed, would have paint in better shape than without protection and a wider market for buyers. The right buyer might pay more; however, if the pool were 100 ppl that color by itself might reduce the pool size to 1/2.
Sponsored