Completion date at factory 12th November - when can I pick it up?

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Emailed Cambridge Porsche today to enquire about expected date and possibly adding a few options. Got an email back saying completion date at factory was 12th November and my spec was locked. Very exciting and I guess no more pondering some additional options, which is probably a good thing! Emailed back but was late.

Sure I’ll get an answer from them in the morning but based on completion in factory on the 12th November when will I be picking up my car???
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
After November 12th. ... :CWL:

Impossible to say with any accuracy. It's usually 2-6 weeks after production but these are strange times and who knows. I'd say plan on it being a Christmas present.

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
After November 12th. ... :CWL:

Impossible to say with any accuracy. It's usually 2-6 weeks after production but these are strange times and who knows. I'd say plan on it being a Christmas present.
Yikes! My car “supposedly” finishes production on Friday (16th) but am being told the Porsche system is not updated from last week. Another dealer has said all cars to UK are currently delayed so in essence nobody knows. Seems 14 days from production has been the norm for UK deliveries.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Emailed Cambridge Porsche today to enquire about expected date and possibly adding a few options. Got an email back saying completion date at factory was 12th November and my spec was locked. Very exciting and I guess no more pondering some additional options, which is probably a good thing! Emailed back but was late.

Sure I’ll get an answer from them in the morning but based on completion in factory on the 12th November when will I be picking up my car???
I’d say 1 week to exit factory after completion and 1 week to get to & thru Emden. At best another week to get to dealer (boat - exit UK port and another few days for spit & polish for handover. So 3.5 to 4 weeks.

It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out. My car was a week ahead of schedule for handover Good Friday / pre Easter. CoVid halted all that end March and it got backlogged at an airfield 100km from Emden eventually trickling thru Late June and I collect it 3rd July ... the car is fantastic and I ordered a replacement Turbo this week (hoping for Feb 21 delivery)

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Thanks for inputs chaps. So poss end November to worse case end of December. Will update tomorrow with what the dealer says. Just changed my electric tariff. Better start sorting my home charging point just in case it’s end of November!

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Thanks for inputs chaps. So poss end November to worse case end of December. Will update tomorrow with what the dealer says. Just changed my electric tariff. Better start sorting my home charging point just in case it’s end of November!
Be very interested on that timescale when you hear. My dealer said Nov production for Dec delivery based on Sep order but I have my suspicions that is now not going to be the case.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Mine was due for production this week, but seems to have gone silent. Dealer just said things were not being updated like they’d usually expect, and sounds like something suspicious is blocking the pipeline!

Expected delivery is 19th Nov, but looks like that’ll now be pushed back.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Be very interested on that timescale when you hear. My dealer said Nov production for Dec delivery based on Sep order but I have my suspicions that is now not going to be the case.
hmm, let you know what they say tomorrow.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Mine was due for production this week, but seems to have gone silent. Dealer just said things were not being updated like they’d usually expect, and sounds like something suspicious is blocking the pipeline!

Expected delivery is 19th Nov, but looks like that’ll now be pushed back.
could production all be going to plan and just no comms? Positive mind set

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
could production all be going to plan and just no comms? Positive mind set
I heard the Porsche system was down during communication to my dealer last Sunday pm ... o wouldn’t rule out it’s an IT system glitch and production is possibly not hindered ... certainly some regular issues with Porsche servers since reopening and not problems lasting hours but more like a week or two!

Karlos

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yikes! My car “supposedly” finishes production on Friday (16th) but am being told the Porsche system is not updated from last week. Another dealer has said all cars to UK are currently delayed so in essence nobody knows. Seems 14 days from production has been the norm for UK deliveries.
My build date was end of last week and I‘m getting a similar story of no update. Fingers crossed it is nothing too severe.....

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
My build date was end of last week and I‘m getting a similar story of no update. Fingers crossed it is nothing too severe.....
Had they given you an eta for physical arrival post build completion date prior?

Karlos

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had they given you an eta for physical arrival post build completion date prior?
Not specific, it was quoted as possibly late October/early November but fear it is definitely November now....

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
I just got an update from my dealer, original production end date was Nov 24th but this has currently slipped to Dec 4th. Starting to worry about that Brexit fee!

I'm sure this has been asked a number of times, but how long does it usually take from production to enter the UK?
Sponsored