Completion date at factory 12th November - when can I pick it up?

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I just got an update from my dealer, original production end date was Nov 24th but this has currently slipped to Dec 4th. Starting to worry about that Brexit fee!

I'm sure this has been asked a number of times, but how long does it usually take from production to enter the UK?
From the above people seem to suggest anything from 2-6 weeks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Just had a follow up email back from dealer on mine. Says hopefully end of November / early December, however says depends on the cars journey when leaving factory.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
From the above people seem to suggest anything from 2-6 weeks.
I was wondering if anyone had more of a breakdown of the delivery process (i.e. how long it might take to simply arrive in the UK as opposed to arriving at the dealership, as this is all that really matters regarding any Brexit fee). I could wait much longer for the Taycan, just hoping to avoid that 10%

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry everyone - posted the below in the wrong group. Apologies to those who have already read it but wanted to make sure I posted it in the right group.

My dealer called this morning and it seems that Porche have not updated the systems on production and delivery since last Thursday. My car was to enter production last Friday and exit this Friday (along with 6 other cars from the same dealer). He also mentioned that a few of cars on order with him have had their production pushed further out 7 days and 14 days. He felt our car should arrive before year end (!!!) but is concerned about December delivery. I contacted the leasing company we bought the car through (for business) who has ordered 15 Taycan 4Ss for November production and December delivery are going to call me back to see what information they are getting - maybe they will have a more open conversation with the dealer given the size of their order? I will update once I hear more.

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
I've been told mine is being built on the 30th October and should be delivered mid-end November. Probably looking at the third week.

My dad picked up his Taycan last Thursday, coincidentally when these issues arose. The dealer couldn't pair his tracker to the car/fob because the Porsche servers were down. So looks like whatever happened began on Thursday. If issues with their servers, could be the reason why updates aren't being pushed out to the dealers?

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I just got an update from my dealer, original production end date was Nov 24th but this has currently slipped to Dec 4th. Starting to worry about that Brexit fee!

I'm sure this has been asked a number of times, but how long does it usually take from production to enter the UK?
Me too.... and I am only at v200! On a good day I have read it is around two weeks... now?.... who knows

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3 RS, 718 Spyder and Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Anything from 2-4 weeks

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry everyone - posted the below in the wrong group. Apologies to those who have already read it but wanted to make sure I posted it in the right group.

My dealer called this morning and it seems that Porche have not updated the systems on production and delivery since last Thursday. My car was to enter production last Friday and exit this Friday (along with 6 other cars from the same dealer). He also mentioned that a few of cars on order with him have had their production pushed further out 7 days and 14 days. He felt our car should arrive before year end (!!!) but is concerned about December delivery. I contacted the leasing company we bought the car through (for business) who has ordered 15 Taycan 4Ss for November production and December delivery are going to call me back to see what information they are getting - maybe they will have a more open conversation with the dealer given the size of their order? I will update once I hear more.
Small update for our cars (we have two on order) - Dealer said the system was updated today and most of his cars that were meant to enter production on Oct 9th have entered production today (16th). There are a few that have not been updated and he expects them to be delayed by another week (including my business partners). He also said that delivery from Sheerness is erratic as there is a back log so some cars are released soon after disembarking the vessel and some are still at the docks. Porsche UK could not give the dealership a clear answer for the reason.

As before, I believe they are doing what they can as they do want to sell cars in the end.

Karlos

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Latest from my dealer is that mine is still showing in production apparently with no update. Porsche UK have chased but haven’t heard back from the factory. In the words of the salesman ‘Porsche make a great car but their communication is rubbish!’

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
‘Porsche make a great car but their communication is rubbish!’
And that will continue once you have your car delivered and drive it! The communication to the car is absolutely rubbish!

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Emailed Cambridge Porsche today to enquire about expected date and possibly adding a few options. Got an email back saying completion date at factory was 12th November and my spec was locked. Very exciting and I guess no more pondering some additional options, which is probably a good thing! Emailed back but was late.

Sure I’ll get an answer from them in the morning but based on completion in factory on the 12th November when will I be picking up my car???
For UK around 2 -3weeks after build completed