Completion date at factory 12th November - when can I pick it up?

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thats very informative, thank you. I have just googled vessel tracking and found this online. It would appear it is due at Emden tomorrow at 2pm :blush:

vessell.jpg

Looking on google earth it is quite a journey from the factory to Emden.

I guess the question is whether there is a backlog of cars at Emden before our cars are loaded onto the vessel.. Hopefully not :fingerscrossed:
you can actually see it live at the port if you click "track on map". I just tried and its already at the port. The port calls sometimes show the round trip or when it is expected to leave the port.

Your dealer should tell if you it has arrived at the port or not but like you say, who knows...

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
you can actually see it live at the port if you click "track on map". I just tried and its already at the port. The port calls sometimes show the round trip or when it is expected to leave the port.

Your dealer should tell if you it has arrived at the port or not but like you say, who knows...
Thanks, ill click on that.

I sort of dont want to keep ringing my OPC and asking for constant updates. I spoke to him yesterday and he said it was on the way to Emden so I feel ringing and asking whether it has got there might be a bit much

As I have said before, I tracking app would be great so we can get a live feed of where the car is would be brilliant and IMO would enhance the experience for us that are inpatient haha.

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag

Just clicked on the track on map and it shows it at Grimsby port, so I guess it hasn't left yet and should arrive at Emden tomorrow 29/10 as the dates show. Just wish we knew whether ours would be getting on that ship or not...

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just clicked on the track on map and it shows it at Grimsby port, so I guess it hasn't left yet and should arrive at Emden tomorrow 29/10 as the dates show. Just wish we knew whether ours would be getting on that ship or not...
Sorry, my bad. I was looking at the other ship they use which is called City of Rotterdam, which is at Emden. I am told its either of those vessels.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Hi - I’ve attached the ’schedule’ for mine which entered production last week and is apparently due end of November at the dealer. Although they did say to take any dates with a pinch of salt . It will be interesting to see how all the other October cars above actually deliver .
149C3697-A9C9-40A4-A748-10DC898FFE30.jpeg
Mine also confirmed CP0 and CP8 dates are the same as yours... can't wait!

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So is anyone else nervous thats due to take delivery in the next few weeks? Mine has been at Emden since earlier this week and when I spoke to my OPC it was still showing as at Emden yesterday. I know another vessel left there yesterday and due to dock at Grimsby early hours tomorrow morning but not sure if mine is on there or not. I guess im just freaking out now as Germany are going into lockdown from the 2nd November and now there are rumours of UK going into full lockdown again next week until beginning of December. Looks like I wont be taking delivery any time soon. Which I know in the scheme of what is going on globally is very minor inconvenience but from a selfish point of view, lockdown would have been a bit more bearable if I had my new toy on the drive to play with :facepalm:

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Yes, nervous especially after Boris’s announcement although as usual not really clear. I’m also not sure on Germany’s restrictions.

Is there a impact on Germany production?
Impact on logistics in between?
Will car dealerships still be open for the next 4 weeks in the UK?

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, nervous especially after Boris’s announcement although as usual not really clear. I’m also not sure on Germany’s restrictions.

Is there a impact on Germany production?
Impact on logistics in between?
Will car dealerships still be open for the next 4 weeks in the UK?
Not sure on the German impact. There’s another thread on here and someone’s inserted an extract for the gov.uk website that says car show rooms are to close as it is classed as non essential but it then says that non essential can remain open if its to deliver to a customer or for click and collect so here’s hoping that deliveries will fall under that category :fingerscrossed:

Here’s a link which was posted on the other thread which suggests dealer delivery and or home delivery should be possible

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/pub...veries-during-second-national-lockdown/207224

What stage is your build at?

Last edited:

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Not sure on the German impact. There’s another thread on here and someone’s inserted an extract for the gov.uk website that says car show rooms are to close as it is classed as non essential but it then says that non essential can remain open if its to deliver to a customer or for click and collect so here’s hoping that deliveries will fall under that category :fingerscrossed:

Here’s a link which was posted on the other thread which suggests dealer delivery and or home delivery should be possible

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/pub...veries-during-second-national-lockdown/207224

What stage is your build at?
Not sure, completion date 12th November as I was the thread starter. I’d hope my car is being put together about now? Unless they’ve all been furloughed!

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure, completion date 12th November as I was the thread starter. I’d hope my car is being put together about now? Unless they’ve all been furloughed!
From research I have done it takes approx 1 week from start of production to the point it exits production and enters the factory compound, sometimes a little quicker. :fingerscrossed:

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So the ship has docked at Grimsby :clap:

Porsche Taycan Completion date at factory 12th November - when can I pick it up? IMG_6270.PNG

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fingers crossed it's in your possession very soon. You could nip up the M180 and collect it tomorrow ;-)
I have said exactly this to the wife... If only that was an option :facepalm:

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I have said exactly this to the wife... If only that was an option :facepalm:
Who knows what the future might hold as a result of all "this" - handover at the port side "dealer" with a localised full PDI etc... perhaps brick based dealerships will be fewer in number, certainly for the general brands I imagine. But for now you will have to wait for it to be loaded up, go past your door (probably!) and then hit a dealership for you to collect it.

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Who knows what the future might hold as a result of all "this" - handover at the port side "dealer" with a localised full PDI etc... perhaps brick based dealerships will be fewer in number, certainly for the general brands I imagine. But for now you will have to wait for it to be loaded up, go past your door (probably!) and then hit a dealership for you to collect it.
Probably some truth in that statement a few years from now... Just really hoping it get to the dealer as not sure whether this lockdown will stop car transporter drivers or not.. :eek:
Sponsored