Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
As I stated in a previous post, I might have to compromise on spec due to insurance (need to bring price under 100k) would you compromise on spec?(wheels, insulated glass, full leather) or would you get a CT4 instead of a CT4S and get all the goodies you want?!?
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
goodies - the actual performance difference between the two is limited, but the goodies (leather, options you'll see/feel/touch every day at 10 mph while sitting in traffic).

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered a Taycan 4S and in my case I went with the base interior, but also 20" wheels. I did order the insulated glass and the Premium and Performance Package (you can check that out on the Porsche US configurator) on mine because both are mandatory in my opinion. Not sure if the conversion of dollars to sterling gets you to your sub £100 goal with those options, but it's probably close.

OP
OP

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
goodies - the actual performance difference between the two is limited, but the goodies (leather, options you'll see/feel/touch every day at 10 mph while sitting in traffic).
very true, but I’ve compromised once when I went from my M5 to my current Cayenne S, and I do miss the speed not gonna lie(even though I rarely used it, when I did, it would make a ok day, amazing! Hahaha.
But I also miss the tech, my M5 was fully loaded and I also miss that! No helpful ... which is why I’m not sure what I’m gonna do....

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Private purchase or lease?

If private then be careful with the toys as you won't recoup the outlay.

4S all day long. Don't need insulated glass (very quiet without it). Skip ACC , go Bose, Pano roof, leather and rear axle steer. Sorted.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
CT4 definitely, with more of the options you want.. That's what I'm doing...

OP
OP

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Private purchase or lease?

If private then be careful with the toys as you won't recoup the outlay.

4S all day long. Don't need insulated glass (very quiet without it). Skip ACC , go Bose, Pano roof, leather and rear axle steer. Sorted.
I have all those, plus ACC as I have it now and love it.
The wheels are a huge compromise for me as I absolutely love the new cross Turismo wheels. Also going Bose, as I’m coming from a Burmeister system..

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In my opinion the only must have options are
- P+ Battery (standard in some markets)
- Air suspension (standard in some markets)
- LCA
- Surround camera
- 14 or 18 way seats
- Bose
- The interior and exterior color that you want

Every other option is nice to have but not must have. I would personally add the must have options I listed above (or Premium package) and then use the rest of my budget to buy the most powerful model I could afford.

If you want a super luxurious car with nice leather and a lot of options then buy a Mercedes. If you want a sports 4-door car then buy the highest Porsche trim you can afford :)

p.s. I have a 4S which after the first 2 weeks doesn't feel fast/powerful. I wish I had gone for a Turbo. Similarly I used to own a Macan S, which after a couple of weeks did not feel fast and I also wished I had gone for the Macan Turbo at that time.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
As I stated in a previous post, I might have to compromise on spec due to insurance (need to bring price under 100k) would you compromise on spec?(wheels, insulated glass, full leather) or would you get a CT4 instead of a CT4S and get all the goodies you want?!?
Go for etron gt ;)

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
In my opinion the only must have options are
- P+ Battery (standard in some markets)
- Air suspension (standard in some markets)
- LCA
- Surround camera
- 14 or 18 way seats
- Bose
- The interior and exterior color that you want

Every other option is nice to have but not must have. I would personally add the must have options I listed above (or Premium package) and then use the rest of my budget to buy the most powerful model I could afford.

If you want a super luxurious car with nice leather and a lot of options then buy a Mercedes. If you want a sports 4-door car then buy the highest Porsche trim you can afford :)

p.s. I have a 4S which after the first 2 weeks doesn't feel fast/powerful. I wish I had gone for a Turbo. Similarly I used to own a Macan S, which after a couple of weeks did not feel fast and I also wished I had gone for the Macan Turbo at that time.
Also depends if you want road tripper or sports car. Turbo is pretty unnecessary. I think they should get rid of the boost only in 4s and 4. Just keep them with that acceleration always. When I had my performance x I was like it is not worth 20k for just performance. In most Porsche the turbo s will depreciate slower but doubt that’s the case for these.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have all those, plus ACC as I have it now and love it.
The wheels are a huge compromise for me as I absolutely love the new cross Turismo wheels. Also going Bose, as I’m coming from a Burmeister system..
Bose is awesome in the Taycan. Don't waste your cash for a marginal gain. Keep to 20' wheels. Taycan has cruise and speed limiter (observes speed limit...you don't need 3 types of cruise unless you live on a motorway).

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
Absolutely!

Guards Red Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2021 Macan S, 2024 Boxster S
Country flag
My dealer had two allocations and gave me the Choice between ordering a Cross Turismo 4 and 4S

I had to think about it

I am coming out of 911 C4S....
I ordered the Cross Turismo 4S

Porsche Taycan Compromise.... 330px-Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven

....It's like choosing the Amp that goes to 11!

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Would obviously skip wheels for me as you could upgrade separately/later.
Sponsored