madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Not meant to start a debate about musical tastes but I am a big Springsteen fan (hey I live in NJ, after all) and I transferred the 1979 No Nukes Concert that I just purchased to a USB-C stick. It was just released with remastered audio and in HD and I have to say the sound on the Bose system is just incredible for this concert. It’s like the whole E Street Band is in the backseat with me. I did not want to mess with a hack to enable video in motion that could void my warranty but it is very cool to have the audio play while driving and then when you pull up to a traffic light or otherwise stop the video kicks on. I’m like a kid on Christmas morning! I can only imagine what this might sound like with the Burmester system. Anyone else play concert videos?
Porsche Taycan Concert Videos 5267E84D-1C06-45FE-8369-9D5F4F4B5237
Sponsored

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
How did you get this video to play? Was it automatic? Or did you have to select something?

Also, what format was the file?

OP
OP
madeyong

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
How did you get this video to play? Was it automatic? Or did you have to select something?

Also, what format was the file?
I purchased it via iTunes so nothing illegal here but then I had to convert the downloaded .m4v file to .mp4 on my Mac so that the Taycan can see it. Then you just transfer the converted .mp4 to the USB stick and plug in to the center console and select USB as the Media source in the PCM.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This makes me wonder if youtube music videos would play via carplay as a part of the youtube music app. I doubt it, but I may need to try that tomorrow. I'd love for an option other than a usb stick. This is cool news though
Sponsored