Condensation in Front Lights?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Winter has arrived in the US northeast. Drove my CT4 for 30m this morning, and noticed condensation in the front headlights.
There have been previous postings about condensation in the rear lights, but I haven't seen anything about the front.
The car was in my garage overnight and temperature when departing was approximately 55ºF (13ºC). The outdoor temperature was 25ºF-28ºF (-4º to -2ºC).
Dealer says 'Porsche has ventilated headlights so it will go away'. Does anybody else have direct experience with this? Should this be tolerable?

Porsche Taycan Condensation in Front Lights? CondensationFrontHeadlights - 1

Porsche Taycan Condensation in Front Lights? CondensationFrontHeadlights - 2

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Winter has arrived in the US northeast. Drove my CT4 for 30m this morning, and noticed condensation in the front headlights.
There have been previous postings about condensation in the rear lights, but I haven't seen anything about the front.
The car was in my garage overnight and temperature when departing was approximately 55ºF (13ºC). The outdoor temperature was 25ºF-28ºF (-4º to -2ºC).
Dealer says 'Porsche has ventilated headlights so it will go away'. Does anybody else have direct experience with this? Should this be tolerable?

CondensationFrontHeadlights - 1.jpeg

CondensationFrontHeadlights - 2.jpeg
Every Porsche I've owned has this 'feature' - nothing to worry about. I suspect there is a vent for cooling of the lights (I think there is a fan in each LED / Matrix). Yours are non-Matrix but I get it on mine this time of year if parked outside and it's damp.

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Every Porsche I've owned has this 'feature' - nothing to worry about. I suspect there is a vent for cooling of the lights (I think there is a fan in each LED / Matrix). Yours are non-Matrix but I get it on mine this time of year if parked outside and it's damp.
@pEAkfrEAk, @W1NGE thanks for the reassurance. This wasn’t an issue with my ~8 year old Cayenne, so I perceived it as a problem.
Sponsored

Last edited: