Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover - Defender - Taycan Turbo arriving soon
Country flag
As a totally new customer to Porsche having only ever driven Land Rovers I took a test drive in the new Taycan and fell in love with her, so I ordered immediately but feel I have over Configured it. I ordered the 4S with larger battery of course without going into detail of what I have included in my order the car total £123k give or take a few quid, my friends say I have over done it as they say it will be harder to sell S/H any advice would be welcomed
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
As a totally new customer to Porsche having only ever driven Land Rovers I took a test drive in the new Taycan and fell in love with her, so I ordered immediately but feel I have over Configured it. I ordered the 4S with larger battery of course without going into detail of what I have included in my order the car total £123k give or take a few quid, my friends say I have over done it as they say it will be harder to sell S/H any advice would be welcomed
I don't think it will be harder to sell, just be prepared to take a 100% hit on your options. Whatever anyone tells you, you loose all the option value at SH sale. The options just make it easier to sell, at £123, you have some car there though wow!

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
£123k on a 4S! You're the perfect customer for Porsche! :rock: Rather than ask what options you spec'd, it would be easier to say what options you left off :cool: I can also imagine your Land Rovers haven't been short on toys too :CWL:

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
A perfect 4S spec should be between £100k and £105k Max. Anything more and a Turbo is the car for you.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
A perfect Taycan is whatever you want on the car, completely disregarding what later value might be. Also, you can disregard what we think of your car. Buy what YOU want. Buy what makes YOU happy. Right now. And while you are driving it.

Maybe one day the glass roof will make you happy. Maybe, one day your passenger will be navigating and having the passenger screen will make the whole trip more enjoyable. Maybe every day you’ll love the way it looks with body-colored model designation.

Unless you are buying the car as a gift for me, my opinion of your car is worthless. Like my opinion here: it’s my opinion, and yours will be different. Make yourself happy, whatever you do.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
A perfect 4S spec should be between £100k and £105k Max. Anything more and a Turbo is the car for you.
Disagree, the perfect spec 4S is what you specify is important for you. If you fully load a 4S and do the same type spec on a turbo it is still way more cash. My 4S is loaded up, I'm not wishing for a Turbo and any opinion that the turbo will be worth more etc is complete nonsense. Both will loose a Shit load, but we are not buying them to make money, we all have other tools for that.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Mine's perfect and was £97797

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
mine was €136K (approx. £123K) but we pay a shit load more tax here in Austria

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I strongly disagree.

First, the Turbo doesn't have that many options bundled in, most of what you're paying for is the larger HP/Torque numbers. If you actually build a well specc'd 4S and transfer it to a Turbo, you'll still be paying a $20-30k US increase.

Second, buy the car you WANT. I'd much rather have a 4S with all of the options I want than a Turbo with some of them. Period.

People get kind of crazy with Porsche builds and there's this line of thought that you should get the highest trim possible, even if it means deleting options you want. I simply couldn't disagree more, I think you select all of the options you want and then pick the highest trim you can get all of those options on.

Are you losing money on options on resale? Maybe, but why are you buying a Taycan with resale in mind?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I strongly disagree.

First, the Turbo doesn't have that many options bundled in, most of what you're paying for is the larger HP/Torque numbers. If you actually build a well specc'd 4S and transfer it to a Turbo, you'll still be paying a $20-30k US increase.

Second, buy the car you WANT. I'd much rather have a 4S with all of the options I want than a Turbo with some of them. Period.

People get kind of crazy with Porsche builds and there's this line of thought that you should get the highest trim possible, even if it means deleting options you want. I simply couldn't disagree more, I think you select all of the options you want and then pick the highest trim you can get all of those options on.

Are you losing money on options on resale? Maybe, but why are you buying a Taycan with resale in mind?
Thank You that's a very good point, appreciated

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you everyone, all very interesting and agree with Panamera Frank I'm not buying the Taycan to sell, its to enjoy.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
We are all here to agree and disagree. That’s what forums are for. :)

Any car I buy (and I have many and have had many) have always been to exactly what I feel is necessary. I could have easily spec’d my Taycan 4S to over £135,000 (mine was specd to £104k). One however, has to be sensible and look at affordability too.

I had many configurations sent to the dealer ranging from £100k to £140k and had finance quotes for all of them.

Adding options did NOT add anything to the gross final value (apart from the Performance Battery) which tells me that options are only worth what they are to you and not to the dealer or next buyer. Yes the car with many options will be more desirable but you would loose a shit load of money on it.

Having a £130k 4s vs a £135k Turbo the Turbo will always be the more desirable car at this price to start with and will also be worth more at resale too. My comments were based around this equation.
The £100k to £105k figures were based on discussions with 3-4 dealers I was in discussions with and was just sharing the info.

If a £150k 4S (or an £85k 4S) is your game then good luck to you and so be it but it’s not for me :)

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Disagree, the perfect spec 4S is what you specify is important for you. If you fully load a 4S and do the same type spec on a turbo it is still way more cash. My 4S is loaded up, I'm not wishing for a Turbo and any opinion that the turbo will be worth more etc is complete nonsense. Both will loose a Shit load, but we are not buying them to make money, we all have other tools for that.
You sure are a brave and rich man sir :)
Sponsored