csd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi e-tron GT
Country flag
I purchased my brand new GT in March, 2023 and it has 700 miles on it (I bought it with 150 miles). We have been stranded twice (once we were over an hour from home). The car has been to 3 different Audi dealerships for the same repair; it has been in the shop for over 30 days. They estimated time it "might be fixed" is another 2 weeks. I have submitted all the correct forms to Audi and I know some senior Audi corporate folks are looking into this case (director of sales, master Audi engineers, etc.). It is clearly a LEMON but I can't get anyone from Audi to talk to me.
The sad part is I've owned 4 Audis in the last 5 years. I also got caught up n the A6 alternator fiasco which is why I "upgraded" to the GT.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Sorry wrong forum, since it's not a Taycan purchased from Porsche.
Yea, I mean, how could he dare post in the Audi Etron forum!

to the OP, sorry to hear. Maybe a polite letter requesting better attention so that you are not forced to explore legal options?

OP
OP

csd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi e-tron GT
Country flag
It's the same motor and drivetrain. I also posted on the Audi e-tron platform within the website. The difference between the two cars is mainly the body and trim work. The motor is what failed. Interestingly, some of the components on the GT say "Porsche".

OP
OP

csd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi e-tron GT
Country flag
I have called Audi America on several occasions, completed forms, sent titles, registration, etc. I have talked to the GM at the dealership who is a good man. He said it is in corporate's hands and above what he can do. This is such an obvious issue and really surprised Audi continues to ignore it. With all the press about EVs, you would think Audi would want to correct everything ASAP!

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have called Audi America on several occasions, completed forms, sent titles, registration, etc. I have talked to the GM at the dealership who is a good man. He said it is in corporate's hands and above what he can do. This is such an obvious issue and really surprised Audi continues to ignore it. With all the press about EVs, you would think Audi would want to correct everything ASAP!
There are some threads on this forum regarding negotiations with the North American headquarters (PCNA in our case) over vehicles with lingering issues. As I recall, the key takeaways are:
  1. The dealership service department operates at a loss if they continue troubleshooting without special authorization from Germany, which is difficult to obtain.
  2. The dealership and the North American headquarters staff wish they could tell you that you need to work through an attorney, but they're not allowed to say that.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Document everything. If it is not fixed by this latest repair action, and it were me, I'd bring it in, and tell them you want to formally initiate proceedings for a buyback as it's been in the shop longer than you've been able to drive it.

out of curiosity, what are the symptoms and what have you been told the "issue" is? (in quotes because it sounds like you haven't gotten much concrete info)

Deleted member 6348

It's the same motor and drivetrain. I also posted on the Audi e-tron platform within the website. The difference between the two cars is mainly the body and trim work. The motor is what failed. Interestingly, some of the components on the GT say "Porsche".
The Audi cars are built in a different factory, on their own production line and not with Porsche’s quality standards/checks. While they share platform design and some components, the production journey of these cars is quite different.

The Etron GT is a nice car, but it’s not a Taycan. If you were to drive them back to back, they feel like different cars.

OP
OP

csd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi e-tron GT
Country flag
There are some threads on this forum regarding negotiations with the North American headquarters (PCNA in our case) over vehicles with lingering issues. As I recall, the key takeaways are:
  1. The dealership service department operates at a loss if they continue troubleshooting without special authorization from Germany, which is difficult to obtain.
  2. The dealership and the North American headquarters staff wish they could tell you that you need to work through an attorney, but they're not allowed to say that.
Thanks for the advice as that is very unfortunate. The special engineers have looked at the car and there is still doubt as to the issue. It seems like an attorney is inevitable.

Last edited:
OP
OP

csd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi e-tron GT
Country flag
The Audi cars are built in a different factory, on their own production line and not with Porsche’s quality standards/checks. While they share platform design and some components, the production journey of these cars is quite different.

The Etron GT is a nice car, but it’s not a Taycan. If you were to drive them back to back, they feel like different cars.
I would agree that the Audi standards has diminished substantially over the past several years. I don’t foresee myself driving the GT again.

OP
OP

csd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi e-tron GT
Country flag
Document everything. If it is not fixed by this latest repair action, and it were me, I'd bring it in, and tell them you want to formally initiate proceedings for a buyback as it's been in the shop longer than you've been able to drive it.

out of curiosity, what are the symptoms and what have you been told the "issue" is? (in quotes because it sounds like you haven't gotten much concrete info)
I have all the work orders although Audi care refuses to give me their tow records. It is very odd as Audi Care made lots of mistakes but didn’t make the car fail.

The car will not start and the screen state “electrical malfunction”. After the “Super Engineer from Germany” made a special trip to the dealership, there was still some discussion as to what actually occurred. The first computer says one of the battery cells is dead although another computer says that all the cells are fully charged. Audi really doesn’t know what to do as they continue to try different fixes while I sit and wait……and wait…..and wait.

• Sad
Reactions: B61

funs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S plus
Country flag

I can fully confirm that they are two completely different vehicles!