Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Are you sure about this? I have used several chargers like Allego, CircleK and EnBW that the car found under Porsche charging and navigated to them. Then the battery has been nice and toasty when staring to charge. You need to make sure you really find the charging station though and can make that input.
I.m quiet sure. We install superchargers and i test a lot of them, not all of them are visible On pcm or porsche gps, had a discusion about this yesterday with importer. we put al chargers on the databank of EU and day after they are visible on bmw, audi app but not by porsche. We need to put them on the databank of EU.
Allego they put that on, now fastned bit by bit, but powerland chargers not yet, but installed a lot of them.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I.m quiet sure. We install superchargers and i test a lot of them, not all of them are visible On pcm or porsche gps, had a discusion about this yesterday with importer. we put al chargers on the databank of EU and day after they are visible on bmw, audi app but not by porsche. We need to put them on the databank of EU.
Allego they put that on, now fastned bit by bit, but powerland chargers not yet, but installed a lot of them.
Probably because there is no agreement with Porsche Charging service. Just because there is an installation of a charger (hopefully more than 1) does not mean that will show up. I guess Porsche will only show chargers that are included in the deal they have with charging stations. Make no sense to me to have a charger show up in the map, preheat the battery and drive to that charger and then find you cannot charge there.
Have you seen that these named chargers are part of the Porsche charging service?? I know of other less well known names that thankfully are not included as well.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Probably because there is no agreement with Porsche Charging service. Just because there is an installation of a charger (hopefully more than 1) does not mean that will show up. I guess Porsche will only show chargers that are included in the deal they have with charging stations. Make no sense to me to have a charger show up in the map, preheat the battery and drive to that charger and then find you cannot charge there.
Have you seen that these named chargers are part of the Porsche charging service?? I know of other less well known names that thankfully are not included as well.
Is the 'Porsche charging service' actually cheaper than paying direct with the charger provider? Or is just useful for the preheating / satnav stuff?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Is the 'Porsche charging service' actually cheaper than paying direct with the charger provider? Or is just useful for the preheating / satnav stuff?
I do not know all the details about rates, but with Ionity, yes. If you just turn up, the rate can be 0.79 Euro per kWh, rather than 033 Euro! I have also seen similar differences on CircleK chargers in Sweden.

I would think any non contract payment will be more expensive in general. However you are then paying a monthly subscription, so it all depends on the amount of kWh you need per month/year?

look at this Ionity charge rates for non subscription and for subscription. Scroll down for European country rates . And Porsche rate is even more favourable per kWh.

https://ionity.eu/en/access-and-payment.html

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
I’m new to EVs and have only done a handful of fast charges so far - yesterday despite the charger claiming to be 120kw (Gridserve) I only got charge at about 40kw speed. I have the on board DC charger and performance battery plus. It was cold outside but the battery was at 20 degrees when I pulled in and I had approx 40% SOC. I know the charging rate can fluctuate a bit but wasn’t expecting it to flow at a third of the claimed speed. Probably naively I assumed public chargers were either out of service or delivered close to the claimed charging rate. Wasn’t amused as I had deliberately gone a bit out of my way to seek out the 120kw charger rather than settle for a 50kw?. The other cable on the same charger was not being used so I switched cables after 5 mins but no real difference.

I don’t think it’s the car as I did get
120kw from an Instavolt a few weeks ago.

Is this relatively normal and just the lottery of unreliable charging infrastructure or was I unlucky ? Grateful for any explanation (especially if I may be doing anything wrong).
This is definitely being overanalysed by some in the thread. Gridserve has done a great job replacing the old Ecotricity with ones that actually work but hardly any of those sites labelled 120kW have sufficient power for it. They should put a sticker on them saying supply limited to 50-60kW (at best). Their only really fast sites at the moment are Rugby and Braintree but I’d expect the new forecourts and hubs coming online this half to be 150+.

So in summary, where you see 1 or 2 x Gridserve units alone at a services, go in with the mindset that at least you should be able to charge at a pinch. If planning fast splash and dash then the forecourts (and hubs as they come online this year) with 8+ units will have been designed for 150kW+ (assume most will be 350W).

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
thanks, that’s really helpful. I hadn’t appreciated the throttling possibility - suspect that is it ??
Won’t be the throttling, see the out of spec video on the curve. It’s limited vs the 270kW rate but its still bloody quick. I doubt it even comes into play in the curve for chargers below 150kW. Added another post, its just supply limitations at the old Ecotricity sites coupled with Gridserve undoing some of the goodwill they earned by not labelling them properly. But at least they work unlike Ecoshittery in the past.
Sponsored