Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Has anybody tried to use the Connect App to turn on Climate Control?

If you succeeded, and the car was very hot inside, did it turn on the climate system at high power to quickly cool the cabin?

Or did the climate system only turn on and run at quite low speed and not really do much. Mine did the it this way. It ran but with very little effect after about 10 minutes.

I have tried to look through the Good to Know app but not really found anything useful about this feature. It seems you can put on precool/heat when you leave the car and the battery is more than 25% charged. Then the system seems to run for an hour as I have understood it.

The Connect App does not have any way of lowering the windows slightly to ventilate the car a bit.

Are there any settings somewhere in the app or in the cars menu that can configure the remote control the aircon?

Now that summer finally is here it really would be nice to just turn on the aircon say 15 minutes before and you step into a cool and fresh car!
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
IT works for me - with a caveat. The Porsche Connect app gives you the start climate option, you press on it and the counter start ticking - which makes you think the climate is on. In fact, you have to wait until the connection circle is green - meaning there is a link to the car. Then turn climate on works. See below series of pictures showing just that
1. Connection not available (red dots at top left)

Porsche Taycan Connect App and Remote Control of Climate Control IMG_2408.PNG

2. Software allows you to "start" climate even if connection is off. This does nothing....

Porsche Taycan Connect App and Remote Control of Climate Control IMG_2410.PNG

3. Wait longer until the dots are green - then climate will actually start if you activate it now. Coincidentally, if you click now climate, the software does not remember you actually "started" the thing minutes before.

Porsche Taycan Connect App and Remote Control of Climate Control IMG_2412.PNG

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks!
Yes I got the green circle which indicted connection with the car.
I also got the climate system to start and run, so far everything ok.

My issue was that the climate system did not run at high power. It seemed just to run at low fan speed and did not really cool the car.
I had expected the system to work similar to my aircon at home. If the room is very hot say 28 degrees and I set the aircon for 21 degrees, the unit and fan work at high speed and sound like a jet ready for take off. That does not happen for my car. It does run and cool but not with any force.

Could be a setting somewhere I guess. Or maybe it is implemented this way to save battery energy?

Is your car behaving in a similar way or do you get a forced cooling in the beginning?

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've heard some Taycans come with the AC set to ECO mode. Does your AC work well as you drive the car?

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Simply set a lower temperature. Aircon set to 21 will basically just lightly cool it. That's how it works and how it has worked with my previous cars as well.

Set it to 16 or something and things will start happening a lot quicker. Probably 18 might be enough also. But 21 will behave just like you said, very light cooling.

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've heard some Taycans come with the AC set to ECO mode. Does your AC work well as you drive the car?
That is a good point! I need to look in the car settings. I have not set it that way. And I can not find anything in the app that I can set like that either.

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Simply set a lower temperature. Aircon set to 21 will basically just lightly cool it. That's how it works and how it has worked with my previous cars as well.

Set it to 16 or something and things will start happening a lot quicker.
I will try tha5 as well, but I had been discouraged by the Good to Know app about that, see screenshot

Porsche Taycan Connect App and Remote Control of Climate Control 62C34E1F-4251-40AF-B92D-F8F3273982A8

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Yeah I remember reading that line but based on my short experiences so far that does not seem to be the reality. However this is just a feeling based on playing around with the aircon when driving. Haven't used the precool yet. And as said with my other cars that has also always had an effect regardless of what the manual claims.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
That is a good point! I need to look in the car settings. I have not set it that way. And I can not find anything in the app that I can set like that either.
+1 on that. If you try to switch to range mode, AC switches to Eco mode. When you go back to normal or sport, the AC remains on Eco. It should be displayed on your control pad what type of AC you are running - just below the set temp

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks all!

It turned out the car had been set to ECO and A/C. Probably happened when we drove it in Range mode.

But frustratingly enough it seems to stay that way despite me driving it in Sport mode most of the time, to get the firmer suspension. It does show it on the lower display.
I will check to see if ECO has to be switched off every time when I park the car then.

And @Singularity, you were quite correct by lowering the temperature it certainly increases the flow of cold air. Reading manuals seems like wasting time now.

Thanks again.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Thanks all!

It turned out the car had been set to ECO and A/C. Probably happened when we drove it in Range mode.

But frustratingly enough it seems to stay that way despite me driving it in Sport mode most of the time, to get the firmer suspension. It does show it on the lower display.
I will check to see if ECO has to be switched off every time when I park the car then.

And @Singularity, you were quite correct by lowering the temperature it certainly increases the flow of cold air. Reading manuals seems like wasting time now.

Thanks again.
In Normal or sport, my car keeps the AC mode once you select it (doe not go back to Eco again).

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
when driving the aircon works ok. It just took so long time to cool down. I measured the cabin temperature yesterday and it was about 55 degrees when opening the car. Hot! And the glass roof was very hot to touch.

But since the car was set to A/C and EC, it was slow to cool. I will retest with that setting switched off soon.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
when driving the aircon works ok. It just took so long time to cool down. I measured the cabin temperature yesterday and it was about 55 degrees when opening the car. Hot! And the glass roof was very hot to touch.

But since the car was set to A/C and EC, it was slow to cool. I will retest with that setting switched off soon.
Some have reported the pressure in the AC to be low. Might be worth having the dealer check the pressure on the AC.

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some have reported the pressure in the AC to be low. Might be worth having the dealer check the pressure on the AC.
Thank you, yes I have that on my list for the visit to the service centre later in August. I am so looking forward to getting the new Firmware update and hope it will address some of the issues I have with my car. Luckily enough they are mostly glitches etc and I have been spared the dreaded 12 volt battery issue. Touch Wood!!

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Thank you, yes I have that on my list for the visit to the service centre later in August. I am so looking forward to getting the new Firmware update and hope it will address some of the issues I have with my car. Luckily enough they are mostly glitches etc and I have been spared the dreaded 12 volt battery issue. Touch Wood!!
I’ve only driven the car for a few days. But so far I haven’t noticed any problems. Everything is just peachy!
Sponsored