esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Isn’t the countdown “time used to cool”? That is, the Taycan will use 1h to cool the car to your desired temperature. The same timer is in the dashboard as well.
Sponsored

SmallTH

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford
Country flag
Hi, when I bought my wife a car six months ago, I was also interested in this. But I was told that you need to configure it yourself. I decided that buy her a car and forgot about the climate control and about what I was looking for the remote distance for air conditioning. But after a while it became very hot and then I decided that I needed to set up the climate control as soon as possible. I asked everyone I knew for advice. And in the end I decided to go to https://www.socool.sg/, my boss recommended them to me. as a result, they very quickly installed climate control and connected me to the remote control.

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
+1 on that. If you try to switch to range mode, AC switches to Eco mode. When you go back to normal or sport, the AC remains on Eco. It should be displayed on your control pad what type of AC you are running - just below the set temp
On my car, the airco goes from eco (or eco plus) to normal again when I go from Range mode to another mode.
I just tried it.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I don't think it matters if you set the temp lower to speed up cooling.
The system acts upon desired temperature and actual cabin temperature.
The higher the difference, the more action should be initiated.
I didn't try direct cooling by the app though, only by charging profile.

I can imagining that that "1 hour" is key here.
In fact you are telling the car you want to leave within an hour so it calculates what fanspeed is needed, probably the lowest cuz it has a whole hour to get there, right?
When you use a profile it's clear you have a fixed time for leaving so it knows when to start cooling/warming.
Just my €0.02.

Last edited:

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag

I can imagining that that "1 hour" is key here.
In fact you are telling the car you want to leave within an hour so it calculates what fanspeed is needed, probably the lowest cuz it has a whole hour to get there, right?
When you use a profile it's clear you have a fixed time for leaving so it knows when to start cooling/warming.
Just my €0.02.
Not sure - my impression is that the 1 hour is there to switch off AC in case you did not make it to the car and it does not keep draining your battery.

You are correct on the switching AC back and forth. First time I used the car, range brought up Eco AC and stayed like that also in normal. However, once I switched to full AC in normal, it remembers that setting and keeps it when toggling between modes..

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Not sure - my impression is that the 1 hour is there to switch off AC in case you did not make it to the car and it does not keep draining your battery.

You are correct on the switching AC back and forth. First time I used the car, range brought up Eco AC and stayed like that also in normal. However, once I switched to full AC in normal, it remembers that setting and keeps it when toggling between modes..
You made me thinking so I tried again: it DOES START in ECO (Normal mode) and stays in ECO, no matter what mode.
Only AFTER you switch off ECO in Normal mode (or any mode) it'll change when you change modes.
That is indeed wierd.
In fact it's annoying!
Just like all the other settings (regen, sportsound) in the different modes, it just isn't stored, very very annoying... cuz ride height IS stored on different modes... >:-(

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Update:
I locked the car and waited 15 minutes.
I opened the car and guess what?!
It has stored my setting!
In Range mode it does ECO and on the other modes it doesn't.
Unfortunately it doesn't remember ECO plus in Range mode (although I selected it in the menu).
I'll keep an eye on this...

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Update:
Tried again and it hasn't stored it...
It starts in ECO again (Normal mode).
Man, this is so annoying!

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi, I am not sure I follow you here.

I think that if I lower the temperature that increases the action! And that is what I wanted since the cooling was not sufficient.

I have had no luck at all today to even connect to the car. And it used to be very good coverage here, so I suspect there is some issue with the Porsche server connection? I have not been very happy with the connections between my phone and the server/car.

I have tried to use the precooling feature quite a lot over the weekend as it was more than 35 degrees Celsius and the car was very hot, but no luck. Had to open unlock car and manually turn on aircon to be able to sit in it.

Has anybody else had these issues or is it my car that loses connection. The cellular coverage on our phones has been great so no issues there. And the car was parked in open space.

esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi, I am not sure I follow you here.

I think that if I lower the temperature that increases the action! And that is what I wanted since the cooling was not sufficient.

I have had no luck at all today to even connect to the car. And it used to be very good coverage here, so I suspect there is some issue with the Porsche server connection? I have not been very happy with the connections between my phone and the server/car.

I have tried to use the precooling feature quite a lot over the weekend as it was more than 35 degrees Celsius and the car was very hot, but no luck. Had to open unlock car and manually turn on aircon to be able to sit in it.

Has anybody else had these issues or is it my car that loses connection. The cellular coverage on our phones has been great so no issues there. And the car was parked in open space.
I’ve been unable to connect to the car all day and not able to login to MyPorsche or the Connect app for parts of the day so I guess they’ve had some issues at Porsche.

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
I will try tha5 as well, but I had been discouraged by the Good to Know app about that, see screenshot

62C34E1F-4251-40AF-B92D-F8F3273982A8.jpeg
I think what it means is if you set it at 18 and it actually starts, changing the cooling to 16, it will not get to 18 any faster. My wife does the same thing at home. She reasons that 62F should get the 79F down to 70F faster than 68F setting would. In reality, AC can cool at a certain RATE. In other words changing the target temperature lower does not crank out “more BTU’s per minute.”

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I’ve been unable to connect to the car all day and not able to login to MyPorsche or the Connect app for parts of the day so I guess they’ve had some issues at Porsche.
I have the same problem since last Friday. Initially I thought it was the Porsche server crashing because of high traffic with the WLG update. I called Porsche Connect support line. The guy first suggested resetting the car to factory settings (not very enthusiastic about it considering I have to reprogram everything including the garage opener), then talked with his supervisor and said several cars reported a similar problem, so he will create a ticket. They will "call within 24h with a resolution". 30 hours and change now, but I will cut them a brake, I suspect they have another bug that is not easy to fix.

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think what it means is if you set it at 18 and it actually starts, changing the cooling to 16, it will not get to 18 any faster. My wife does the same thing at home. She reasons that 62F should get the 79F down to 70F faster than 68F setting would. In reality, AC can cool at a certain RATE. In other words changing the target temperature lower does not crank out “more BTU’s per minute.”
I understand what you mean by the limit of cooling capacity. But my car was more than 50 degrees C inside and the A/C set to 21. It took a long time before it cooled down. It had been set to ECO mode and then the fan seems to run slow. Once set to A/C only the fan sped up. Just something to check when leaving the car that ECO is switched off and the hope that 1. you have contact with the car and 2. the car does not revert back to ECO mode by itself.

I will also hve the level of gas in the system checked later in the month as suggested.

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car does after switching it off.
Next day it's in Normal mode and AC has (again) switched back to ECO.
That is annoying . Wish the car would stay in the settings that I have set. BMW do the same with their M models. You have to set dampers, throttle response, steering etc. Each time you start the car up! You can programme two modes that you want and then switch to that.

Perhaps Individual mode in the Taycan is a short cut to quickly set it how you want.? Not close to my car now so can’t try it?
Sponsored