Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Have been unable to authenticate on my iPhone but no issue on my iPad. Anyone else having issues? I’m using an iPhone XS Max on version 13.5.
Error is in last stage 4_A_MBB
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Have been unable to authenticate on my iPhone but no issue on my iPad. Anyone else having issues? I’m using an iPhone XS Max on version 13.5.
Hi, I have an iPhone X with still ios13.4.1 but I have no problems at all with connecting to my vehicle. I have however never tried to use my iPad for this purpose. Could it be that you have already logged in with your iPad and the system limits the use to one logged unit? Somebody with app knowledge may be able to help out?

OP
OP

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Tried deleting app on ipad but still unable to use app on phone. Weird thing is if i use the web browser (Chrome) on the phone i can get to the car functions perfectly. Have a call into Porsche and they have opened up a ticket.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Tried deleting app on ipad but still unable to use app on phone. Weird thing is if i use the web browser (Chrome) on the phone i can get to the car functions perfectly. Have a call into Porsche and they have opened up a ticket.
I’d say it’s your iPhone, had similar issues. They told me to factory default, no restore, install all apps again. Nightmare job when you have 100’s of apps.

OP
OP

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’d say it’s your iPhone, had similar issues. They told me to factory default, no restore, install all apps again. Nightmare job when you have 100’s of apps.
Crap that’s a lot of work. Just to confirm you had the same issue?

Porsche Taycan Connect App Authentication Error 63C249C6-2CEF-4AA7-9359-B5BB31A22754

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Crap that’s a lot of work. Just to confirm you had the same issue?

63C249C6-2CEF-4AA7-9359-B5BB31A22754.png
No sorry. I did not have the same issue, but something very similar with a completely different app. What I would do is backup to iCloud. Restore to factory settings, manually setup and install the app. If it works continue installing all your other stuff. If not, factory reset again and restore from iCloud.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Before resetting and restoring your iPhone, I’d try deleting the app, restarting the iPhone, reinstalling the app, restarting the iPhone again, and then seeing if you get the error. The other scenario I would try is to disconnect from your WiFi network and try it over cellular.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't know if it's if much help but I see that same error code if I try to login with my Porsche ID from the Porsche Connect app on an Android phone. But I do not yet have a Porsche associated with my account as I am still awaiting delivery.

I am able to select Demo Mode and select a Taycan Turbo S to experience some of the UI.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yow! That’s completely unreasonable. They’ve got to do better than that.

B777

First Name
BP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911SC,Panamera S,Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I don't know if it's much help but I had that same error code prior to receiving my car and after until i had sync my iPhone ,iPad and laptop.
got the app to work on my phone then sync the rest.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know if it's much help but I had that same error code prior to receiving my car and after until i had sync my iPhone ,iPad and laptop.
got the app to work on my phone then sync the rest.
Sync laptop? Is there an app for Microsoft?

OP
OP

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well bit the bullet and reset the phone, what a pita! Restoring from backup wouldn’t solve the issue so had to install each app one by one, ugh! Hope to never have to do that again.

of course doing that screwed up the watch so had to redo all that again too.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well bit the bullet and reset the phone, what a pita! Restoring from backup wouldn’t solve the issue so had to install each app one by one, ugh! Hope to never have to do that again.

Had to do the same! Nightmare! In the next few weeks you’ll be golden again!

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Yow. What a pain! Had you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Porsche app? I’d really expect that to work.
Sponsored