Connect app. Findings on newest iteration IOS failed connection to car.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
For a few days now, I have seen failed connection to the car, which was not the case for me before. I have just confirmed this only happens when the car is locked and in deep sleep. As soon as you approach the car and it unlocks due to key proximity there is still no connection. However as soon as you open a door it immediately wakes and the connection is established. I am unsure whether this change was intended by Porsche software developers to help reduce 12v battery drain or if it is another bug added to the long list. However, being unable to connect when it is locked is unacceptable. In most situations when you need to check on the car, it is locked ! :oops:
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
That is strange. I think it might be something a bit more complicated than just the app! I have the latest iOS app from 11 Oct installed. I have just checked and my car had reported to the Porsche servers at 07.30 when I started the app. Now I must admit it does not state the day, so I assumed it was this morning. I believe the car reports back to the servers at some regular intervals.

I was not close to the car at all and did not lock or unlock the car, which is in the garage. After asking the app to connect to the car, it did so after a minute or so. No issues for me. The connection between my phone, my WiFi network and Porsche servers as well as the car were all green and updated.

My connection between the ca4 and the cellular network is not the strongest so it can take some time before the connection is established. The signal level in the closed garage is very weak, even for my mobile phone.

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Now and then I also encounter some connection problems as well.

When I can’t reach contact with my vehicle, it’s usually because the signal is week in different garages. A couple of occasions that has actually taken a few days.

I usually do establish contact more or less every time, however it does like Scandinavian say, take a little time before the car wakes up.

That being said, now and then the program on my iPhone seem to hang, which I resolve with restarting the application (rather than waiting for the sometimes “never ending screen-circle”).

Usually it works fine for me, but recons the Taycan somewhat new system will be updated and further developed as time go by, and it then will become more stabile for us all.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
It may be due to the gradual dismantling of local 4g towers to replace them with 5g. When I bought my home 7 years ago we had very poor coverage in 3g but no problems with 4g. Back then however, we had quite a few legacy devices that only worked with 3g and I was forced to set up a 3g repeater for a lot of €£$ ! Not the least my alarm system which has three systems in parallel, conventional phone line, internet and 3g to communicate with my phone and the alarm company. Next week after years of pestering, they are going to change my alarm module which stopped working completely this week for a “new” 4g one. My first AMG also had only 3g. Déjà vu is starting to creep in.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
For a few days now, I have seen failed connection to the car, which was not the case for me before. I have just confirmed this only happens when the car is locked and in deep sleep. As soon as you approach the car and it unlocks due to key proximity there is still no connection. However as soon as you open a door it immediately wakes and the connection is established. I am unsure whether this change was intended by Porsche software developers to help reduce 12v battery drain or if it is another bug added to the long list. However, being unable to connect when it is locked is unacceptable. In most situations when you need to check on the car, it is locked ! :oops:
Had this for 3 weeks now - was there even before I updated to latest iOS. So far Porsche has no idea how to fix it. Doubt it is related to the phone, since this worked before. If you find out more, pleas post or PM, I will do the same. I spent almost an entire day at the dealership with zero results.

Also note that the same happens when logging into Porsche account from a PC - hence this is not an iOS issue.
Sponsored